General Stilo Prices ££££

Currently reading:
General Stilo Prices ££££

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1.2 clio which is a much smaller lighter car with similar power. And its just not quick enough. I got so used to riving cars with 1.8's and 2litre+ engines i get in the clio and its just not the same. Admittedly its great fun round bends where it does shine. Which is the sole reason i was looking at a 182 Justbecause of how fast you can throw em round bends but the abarth is looking likely as well bit more practical and cheaper to buy and insure.

But i suppose if costs are more important than enjoying a drive then thats your choice. But theres simply no way you can have as much fun in a 1.2 as you can in the JTD or the abarth. Not saying it cant be fun but some people dont just look at there car as a means to get around. I know i dont i want something that when i put my foot on the floor its gonna make me grin like a manic fool. The abarth is one of the only cars that could do that. And thats what makes driving fun for me. I dont drive like an idiot all the time i stick to speed limits but its nice to have those mad few seconds where you just boot it from the line at a light when some chav is sat next to you thinking his nova is awesome with his £10 mechano spoiler

I drive 6 miles each way to work, back roads, 60mph limit, lucky to get over 50mph due to general morning rush! In a JTD you'd be fine, in the 1.2 your fine, in an Abarth you'd be pissed off with the traffic.... and likely as not do what often happens on the road, attempt a crazy overtaking manouver and find yourself in an ambulance after a head on crash!

Have you actually checked to see how much a 1.2 Clio actually weighs in at? Its a small car, but that doesn't mean its lighter! Do a search on my post with some important car weights! A Polo 1.4 is heavier than a 1.2 Stilo, and the Stilo is quicker, higher top speed and more economic!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not many folk take the effort to see if their opinion is worth anything! I did some scratching around before i made my opinion! Did you?

Oh dear stiloboy....
Without aircon, 3 dr 1.2 stilo:

1090 kg

Clio 3dr, 930kg
I.e. yes, it is lighter. Difference however is that the clio engine is 100cc less than the stilo which has 5BHP more. But the clio is still quicker. It also does about 3more MPG whilst doing this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not many folk take the effort to see if their opinion is worth anything! I did some scratching around before i made my opinion! Did you?
How ironic

WIth the above, nobody take me the wrong way - I am not saying a clio is a better car than the stilo, it's a different range of models, I am mearly addressing the issue above.

Last edited:
Admittedly i would have rather had a 1.2 stilo over my clio but they were more expensive and at the time i was buying a brand new car and counting pennies now its not so much of an issue which is why im looking at buying a hot hatch and the shortlist is the abarth and a 182 at the moment. With the abarth being more practical since i often have to give people lifts.

Which is also the reason i wanna get rid of the clio but then after a 10 minutes play in a 182 i was hooked there so much fun. any car that can go from 0 - 100mph - 0 in 14 seconds is gonna be good fun. there just not that pretty. The stilo is a much nicer looking car bigger and roomier.

In all fairness though im leaning towards a stilo still myself or one of the new astra sports hatches as they handle great look good and have quite nice engines when you get up the range a bit.

Last edited:
StiloBoy said:
I drive 6 miles each way to work, back roads, 60mph limit, lucky to get over 50mph due to general morning rush! In a JTD you'd be fine, in the 1.2 your fine, in an Abarth you'd be pissed off with the traffic.... and likely as not do what often happens on the road, attempt a crazy overtaking manouver and find yourself in an ambulance after a head on crash!
Fair enough, so in YOUR circumstances, a 1.2 is fine....

Other people have different circumstances and needs :)

StiloBoy said:
in an Abarth you'd be pissed off with the traffic.... I did some scratching around before i made my opinion!

Actually in my Abarth I ignore traffic - selespeed is soooo relaxing. More scratching required. :D

"More scartching required.." Not really, i wasn't the one making the claim! I was asking if the bloke had done any research, as ever The Neg... felt necessary to pretend he's clever! I'm not fussy! I know the 1.2 Stilo is more than capable for my commute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back