Technical Stilo Owners Guidebook

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Owners Guidebook

RobH

Hi all, wife just bought an 03 1.2 Stilo (few problems already but hopefully getting them all sorted by the dealer) but it didn't come with an owners guide, just a video. The dealer that she bought it from doesn't have one (it isn't a main dealer) and FIAT are looking for €25 (about £18) for one, I've searched the threads but can't find anything as to where I can find one of these online, anyone any ideas?

Cheers:)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you refering to the owners handbook ?

If so then there's one here on E-Bay for £8.99 the seller is also very good as I have bought stuff from them in the past (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
al have a word with a mate should be able to get a couple free or more if needed.

i cant believe people are chargin for a few bits of paper

Cheers, I know what you mean, given all the trouble we go through with our Fiats you would expect them to be more than happy to help us out when we need something.

I have another quick question, has anyone been told that their version does not allow for the indicator lights to be switched on when you lock up using the remote? I looked through other threads and see that others have had the problem of the indicators not flashing and went to a Fiat dealer in Dublin to get this done, they told me that they put the car on examiner and the option to switch them on was not on our one (its a 1.2 Active with aircon), I thought that this was a bit strange anyone else?

RobH said:
I have another quick question, has anyone been told that their version does not allow for the indicator lights to be switched on when you lock up using the remote? I looked through other threads and see that others have had the problem of the indicators not flashing and went to a Fiat dealer in Dublin to get this done, they told me that they put the car on examiner and the option to switch them on was not on our one (its a 1.2 Active with aircon), I thought that this was a bit strange anyone else?

I reckon you should tell them to look harder...!!!

I might be well out of my league here, but when I bought my 2002 1.2 Active with aircon last October, the indicators didn't flash with the remote - however, I had this option activated without any problems (which dealer are you using...?)

I went ti Hutton & Meade on the North Circular Road, they said that they put 4 Stilo's on Examiner, a 2002, two 2003's (including mine) and a 2004, mine was the only one that didn't have this option. I'm going to take it to another dealer to have a look at it, who did you go to and what did they charge?

I have a spare Stilo owner's handbook in mint condition. I can't see why I'd ever use two so it's up for grabs. First one to pm me and send £12 by Paypal gets it. Postage and packaging included guaranteed sent next day recorded delivery. It's a heavy manual at 385 pages so most of the charge is for postage. Immediate payment and within 24 hours required otherwise it goes to the next guy ok?
stilo%20manual.jpeg

pm me if you're interested

Yes it's in English:)

I have seen these on Ebay but TBO i would like to know exactly what they contain with regards to infomation i take it its not like the haynes manuals that are available for other cars sooo what do they cover and are there any pictured illistrations (y) or (n) to worthwhile having one .

Ifits worth having I will take a drive over and pay you cash

This is the proper driver's handbook kind of manual. How to look after your Stilo

Specifications, oils and lubrication specs, tyre pressures, how controls work, air con. service schedules,bulb changing and specs, fuse locations, warning messages explanated, ABS EBD ESP detailed descriptions, climate control, electric adjustable seats, selespeed, skyroof, pollen filter, rain sensitive wipers, cruise control

There is nothing made like a Haynes manual for the Stilo, the nearest you can get is by studying Eper and obtaining the DTe cd from Ebay. Even then it's "fill in the gaps" time as we all find and practically no hands on experience "how to" explanations

To be fair to everyone then it's first come first served. If anyone wants it then provide payment via Paypal and it's yours. pm for details

RobH said:
I went ti Hutton & Meade on the North Circular Road, they said that they put 4 Stilo's on Examiner, a 2002, two 2003's (including mine) and a 2004, mine was the only one that didn't have this option. I'm going to take it to another dealer to have a look at it, who did you go to and what did they charge?

Sounds strange - I wonder if there's an update or something required (speaking COMPLETELY outside of my field of expertise, here...)

I got it done at John Linnane's Motors - (unfortunately, they're based in Rathnew, but I work in Bray, and they collected the car from me in Dundrum)... Can't tell you how much it cost - I got it done during a service, so there was no charge for it - it might be worth giving them a call to find out (maybe)...

Hope it works out for you...

Sounds like Ive already got this book Decks but did you see the info i posted a while back about the WORK SHOP manual fiat brought out around about 01/early 02 its supposed to be the actual book thats issued to dealers for their techs to refer to, its on their computer as part No 60448084 and when i enquired about it they said its available special order at around £45 now this make me think that if its available then why oh why havnt stilo members got together and bought a copy and set about copying it ? its only a suggestion but surely worth while (y) and benifiticial and then we wouldnt be :bang: when we need that information thats always not available when we need it.

Had this with one dealer, went to another and they did it in 5 mins!!

The first lot were looking under the Alarm menu's on the examiner, and obviously since my mum's didn't have an alarm fitted, all these options were shadowed out. They need to look under the Remote Central Locking 'Plip' menu, as the option (think it was called Turn Blinkers On) is there.

They will need the CODE computer security code to get access to this, it's obtained from the ISR, for which you will need some I.D.

Thanks guys, I'll take it to a different dealer and see what they say, I need to get a second key too so the CODE that they need for that should do the lights too. I'm considering getting an alarm on this car but want to wait and make sure that it's not going to cause any more problems (there have been a few already and she only bought it in January), no comments like wait until its stolen etc please;) .

Thanks again.

Back