Technical Stilo Loose connection P1688

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Loose connection P1688

Bought my 1.6V in late September. I'd been inundated with lots of faults, and the last straw was the loose connection, security failure and lock sign - wont start.
Car was off road for 7 weeks - long story.

Bottom line - My car is now fixed, drives brilliant and starts every time first time fault free..

Answer... A new ECU was fitted
(on inspection, the original ECU had been repaired previously - badly (n) and was causing all the faults)

I am also encountering this problem,however to add the car sterio is also powerd out.The engine is cracking normally but wont start.Where is the fuel pump and what do i do.Thanks for any help

Hie guys. I know this is an old thread but I've just had this problem. My stilo 1.6 just cut on me and now it wont start. It says loose connection and there is a spanner and a triangle. Thanx

If you need a new ECU
Look on eBay.
£150 from a guy called Alex,he's on here.

Have a look at rev sensor (I don't know how it's calles in english). Mine did so, changed sensor and is flawless...

that code means fuel pump controller failure. it could be due to poor current supply from the battery, but it sounds like you have a poor connection. if the engine cranks at normal speed but it wont start then the battery is obviously fine and the reason it is not starting is the fuel pump. you could check the wiring connector on the fuel pump.
i think you are right as i have last the same problem before the pump was running very good, but the voltage was really no enough to find the loose connection it take about a week.

Back