General Stilo - it's just bad luck for me

Currently reading:
General Stilo - it's just bad luck for me

ABZSTILO said:
Oddly enough it was Neena who dealt with my previous 'incident' - seems she's left the company :eek:
Ah well. No further 'phone calls from FIAT today, wait and see what the morning brings :confused:

Left the company? She must have breached the company policy on customer satisfaction or something... ;)

Schwenck said:
If there is a recall in the offing it's about time. It would reassures me that when I was told by Neena at FIAT Customer Services that "an investigation is underway in Italy" that indeed it was. Now my Stilo is fitted with two new front springs at FIAT's expense, I wonder if they will still contact me?

I thinkthat probably all stilo's will get a recall for the modification but as far as the spring issue thats doubtfull unless they find that you have a broken one when doing the modification.
I have a new set of spring fitted to mine [at my expence]and if they go again then I wont be fitting another set of OE springs thats for sure.

UK speed limit may well be 70, but it's perfectly legal to take a UK car onto an Autobahn and go any speed you like, therefore a car sold in the UK should be designed so it doesn't fall apart at any speed the car is capable of doing.

HornetUK said:
Is the recall going to be all Stilos ever made or is there only certain years/models effected?

Not sure - the impression that I got from speaking to my local FIAT dealer today is that it will be a model wide recall (y) but for the modifications only. It's highly improbable that FIAT will fit nice new springs to all Stilos - no matter how much most owners would probably like them to......

My car (at my expense obviously :rolleyes: ) gets recovered to my local FIAT dealer (35 miles away) tomorrow morning to get fixed - naturally at my expense. Time will tell what happens with FIAT customer relations, but I will be lobbying for wads of cash back and a hell of a lot of goodwill :rolleyes:

Right - that's it just loaded onto the lorry to head for FIAT.
Ofcourse, I had to take off the wheel and play with the spring and pop the space saver on before it was loaded onto the lorry :rolleyes:
Now we wait and see what happens ;)
I took some piccies of the spring and tyre (which has a beautiful score mark from the broken spring) just in case I need 'em later on (y)

i wouldnt hold your breath about waiting for a call from fiat UK. in the 6 months they have been dealing with my complaint they have never, ever called me or attempted to. Muppets.

In fact im going to call them and see that in the three weeks since asking to cover the cost of towing a vehicle, they have actually made a decision

Aye you're probably right but I'm very patient (keen angler you see) but even I have my tolerance levels :rolleyes:
Way I look at it is I have a nice £100 "goodwill" voucher from FIAT (left over from the last time the car decided it didn't like having springs at the front)which will go some way to easing the pain of the impending bill for the repairs. Then it's down to my tenacious side to get a result - I will call FIAT everyday until I get an acceptable result :bang:
Last time (when the car was under warranty) customers services were pretty good about staying in touch..... not sure how things have moved on in the 4 months since I last had issues (and the warranty expired......... hmmmmmmmm).
Let's wait and see.

OK - so after being down in darkest England for a conference for 3 days (and managing to catch a stinking cold whilst I was there :rolleyes: ) I collected the Stilo this afternoon from the dealers in Aberdeen........ no charge (y)
The recall modifications to the front suspension have been done whilst the new spring was fitted. The car does seem to sit markedly higher at the front - is this my imagination? :confused: That's the good news.

The bad news..... on my way home a dirty great rock thrown up by a wood lorry f*cked my windscreen :mad:

I tell you it's true that I seem to be cursed as far as Stilo ownership goes.

Now all that remains is to be seen is how nice FIAT are prepared to be on top of what has already been done................. watch this space :D For my own amusement I asked how much it would get for a trade in against a pre-registered Grande Punto Sporting.... ahemmmm is all I have to say. Think I may actually consider another Stilo when the stock is getting hard to shift when the new Bravo arrives :D I mean - no-one could be as unlucky as I have twice - CAN THEY??????????????????

ABZSTILO said:
..... on my way home a dirty great rock thrown up by a wood lorry f*cked my windscreen :mad:
If you've got the fancy auto-wiper system then be very careful as many people seem to report terrible problems after having the windscreen replaced.

If it's only marked then I'd go for a repair if you can.

That's the crappiest of the crappy as far as luck is concerned but they say bad luck comes in three's sooooooooo I won't even go there but my heart bleeds for you :cry: the best part is of course is what price they will be selling of all those stilo's for cos at the moment they have a load of punto's they are trying to shift and the prices are dropping quickly :slayer:

Back