Technical Stilo front passenger suspension(?) noise & Air con noise

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo front passenger suspension(?) noise & Air con noise

boggy12

Hi Guys,
Brand new to the forum, own a 2004 UK 54 plate 1.6 5dr dynamic with 21k on the clock. Have been reading many posts here over tyhe past few months, but have never had any real reason to post before!

Really hope you guys can help - would really appreciate it!

Great car but a couple of probs that have suddenly appeared - I am hoping the fiat reliability gremlins have not started paying me visits!

Firstly the front passenger side suspension - high pitched squaks when going over even the tiniest of bumps - makes the same sort of noise whether a huge speed-bump or a tiny imperfection in the road surface. Worse sometimes than other, seems to depend in part on temperature. Car rides and drives absolutely fine and the noise doesnt seem to be related to steeriing - doesnt make noise whenI turn steering wheel. Any ideas?

Secondly, when my a/c compressor is running, the car makes a strange whining noise. Occurs in any gear, but especially in 1st - 3rd, around 1800-2200 rpm. When the a/c/ compressor is not running there is no noise at all.
Someone has said it is the a/c/ compressor that needs replacing - b4 I go ahead with this can anyone confirm or give their opinion on whether this sounds likely!

Thanks so much for your help!

Mate i got same problem with my stilo arbarth with regards to the suspension squeaking.I have had numerous attempts at curing this good lubrication to most parts of the suspension temporary solves it but if you can i would do what i was advised go to a car spares shop and invest in some waxoyl and give it a good lub everywhere.Had my brother in car he is convinced its the top shocker mount bearings as when you turn steering it gets worse.Also it seems to go off in the wet as though the water lubriacates it somewhat hope you cure it if you do let me know what you found.My next step is maybe changing top mount bearings.If you didn't know already the stilo's suffer with dodgy suspension so be warned.Cheers Lee

Change the top rubber mount and the bearing that should cure it ..if you dont want to go to the bother of doing so then keep it well lubed (y)

Back