Technical Stilo Exhaust Question?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Exhaust Question?

Hi chaps... as far as standard exhausts go does any of you lot know if the centre section for a 1.8 Stilo is the same as a centre section on an Abarth?

Thanks.

Daz. (y)

The 1.8 and 2.4 engines have different exhausts.

Attachments

• Abarth Centre Exhaust.JPG
    Abarth Centre Exhaust.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 1800 Centre Exhaust.JPG
    1800 Centre Exhaust.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 45
Cheers mate.

The centre section is different, which I suspected, but all the Abarth's that I've seen with standard exhausts on have the back box on the same as the one on the 1.8 picture on the right. Odd.

Anyways, it was the centre section I was wanting info on. I've only got some old TI and Bosal books for reference and the Abarth's not listed.

Thanks. (y)

Probably because the 1.8 has one CAT and the Abarth has two. But you can remove the second CAT (No 1 in the diagram) without issues. I know, I've done it...

Yeah, all sorted now, thanks.

Some exhaust parts came up cheap and I didn't have access to a ramp or up to date info to check it against at the time but they were no good anyway.

I've had the Abarth about 3 years now and I was going to sell it, however I've opted to keep her and spend a bit of money on it, she deserves it as I had neglected her a bit. It's booked in for a stainless system with second Cat delete next week. Finally got round to getting some Blades as I prefer them to the Claws. I know they're more common than the Claws but I just think they're much better looking wheels.

A few minor dents to sort and then going to give her a good buff ready for the summer. Just need to sort an Abarth grille or a 70mm badge to cover the Fiat badge up with on the existing grille. Or I may buy a Grande Punto Abarth badge which I believe fits on the Stilo grille instead of the Fiat badge.

Cheers.

Daz.

Nice to hear someone willing to invest a bit of TLC to keep one of these beasts running. The 5-cyl engine is a delight - and your new exhaust will make it sound even better!

Funnily enough a nice Stilo Abarth Schumacher GP Prodrive came up for sale in Chorley which isn't that far from me, I was very very tempted as the price was right. But I've opted to keep the Abarth for now. Three years is a long time for me owning a car so by now I know all her little idiosyncrasies. I may get a Schumacher further down the line or if not I'll eventually get a 156 GTA.

I've got another question actually... if the Abarth's not driven regularly, and in that I mean daily, the battery drains. I've done all the normal checks. Alternator's fine, usually charging between 13.8 to 14.3, battery is only 6 months old, jumps and starts first turn of the key when it does go flat. No lights dimming or getting brighter when you rev it. I even left it unlocked to see if that was causing it but no, still happens. When it's used, no problems, but when it's not for two or three days then the battery goes flat.

Now I vaguely remember reading somewhere that if the stereo isn't installed right that can cause it. It's a Selespeed one so it's got the Connect Nav system in. Have you heard of this problem or did I dream it one evening? I'm sure I read it somewhere but I'm buggered if I can find owt.

TIA.

Not come across that one before, but if you're often leaving the car unused, might be worth investing in a trickle charger (or get an auto electrician to see if he can track down anything that might be draining it).

Yeah, I think a trickle charger is going to be the route. Like I say, when it's being used it's not an issue.

Once I've done all the jobs that need doing I fully intend to use it more anyway so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again mate.

Back