Stilo DVD HU Advice Please

Currently reading:
Stilo DVD HU Advice Please

Hi guys,

Go easy with me as I don’t know anything at all about ICE! :cry:

Right, i'm wanting to install a new DVD/Radio into my Stilo. I have been looking around and have found a nice looking Kenwood unit which i think looks ok. I've looked at the ones on eBay but they look really cheep and nasty, though it would be nice to have TV, Hummm...anyway.

I have found this:

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/ddx6029.asp

What do people think about it? Any good?

Also to install it, I take it I will need one of these?

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/install/show_model.asp?id=76 (top one)

Will i also need a cage like this? Or will that come with the HU?

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/sleeve_2din.asp

What about the wiring? This is the bit i'm worried about as i've heard the Stilo can have problems with the wiring and flat batteries etc. Do I need something like this? Or will that come with the HU?

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/iso_loom.asp

How do i go about wiring it up to the Stilos CAN radio wires?

Cheers in advance guys!

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
your HU isnt an sony one so no, but the point being that with the fiats the stereo doesnt urn off when you remove the keys so you can modify the wiring a bit and make it work or just fit it and make sure to turn it off yourself when your getting out of the car.,
I wouldnt buy from ebay if i was you., well not the cheap DVD players anyway, have heard loads of bad stories about them.,

your HU isnt an sony one so no, but the point being that with the fiats the stereo doesnt urn off when you remove the keys so you can modify the wiring a bit and make it work or just fit it and make sure to turn it off yourself when your getting out of the car.,
I wouldnt buy from ebay if i was you., well not the cheap DVD players anyway, have heard loads of bad stories about them.,

Thanks.

I have now bought the Kenwood 7029 head unit above, with the TV, Bluetooth, and iPOD on add on :):) £500+!!! :idea:

Anyway, can someone take me step by step how to install it so when I turn my car off, it will turn its self off.

I take it the Stilo has the standard ISO connector on the radio loam? Will this just plug straight into the back of my Kenwood head unit?

Cheers guys :)

PS the wiring diagrams for the Kenwood unit can be found here http://images.kenwood.eu/files/prod/766/5/DDX7029_instal_man_(EN).pdf and here http://images.kenwood.eu/files/prod/766/5/DDX7029.pdf if they help!

:)

:eek: a triple post, lol
yes fiat have the standard 16 pin ISO block though they only have a live feed, somehow the OEM unit is able to understand its feed and be able to switch on and off with the car using something along the lines of a remote feed telling it to switch on
tho this wont work in aftermarket stereos as its needs a constant 12V ignition feed when the car is on, not just one small bit to tell it the car is on. so on ur kenwood wiring loom. connect the ignition and the live feed together, there should be an extra bullet connector coming from the live feed, disconect the ignition and connect the cup to that bullet connecter. the car will be on a permanent live then meaning it will keep its memory but you will have to switch it on and off manually
ive give ya information on how to create an ignition feed on the stilo styling section, if ya need ne more help with it js post there as i done the exact same think a few weeks ago

btw since your car is 04 that fascia wont work, you can try the double single din fascia from blaukpunt or PM MrHammy as hes found a supplier thats going to supply him with a specific double din fascia for an 03 model which would fit straight into yours. ive yet to see it tho

btw since your car is 04 that fascia wont work, you can try the double single din fascia from blaukpunt or PM MrHammy as hes found a supplier thats going to supply him with a specific double din fascia for an 03 model which would fit straight into yours. ive yet to see it tho

NIice one, thank you very much! Just the info i needed :)

I'm going to wire it up using a switch feed like you said in the other thread, thanks for that, very helpful! (y)

I've ordered that fascia, why wont it work with my 04 car? :confused::bang:

Cheers
Matt :)

cause its a fascia for an 2005 onwards stilo model as it says beside the picture
the thing is, even lookin at that fascia it looks way to small theres a lot more void at each side of the head unit and top and bottom so the head unit must of changed for the new stilo models. plus its too flat, all the fascias and even the OEM unit looks like a bubble, lol. thats to clear some of the cage and other stuff behind it
i got the one at the bottom of that page adn cut the middle bar out of it, sold the din pocket 2 save a bit of money then made my own trim for the head unit as theres a bit of extra space left round the stereo

cause its a fascia for an 2005 onwards stilo model as it says beside the picture
the thing is, even lookin at that fascia it looks way to small theres a lot more void at each side of the head unit and top and bottom so the head unit must of changed for the new stilo models. plus its too flat, all the fascias and even the OEM unit looks like a bubble, lol. thats to clear some of the cage and other stuff behind it
i got the one at the bottom of that page adn cut the middle bar out of it, sold the din pocket 2 save a bit of money then made my own trim for the head unit as theres a bit of extra space left round the stereo

I see, no worries then! That picture is not the Stilo one, its just a file picture of any old double din fascia (it says that on the pic). The radio in the Stilo have never been changed, even up to the 05/06 models. You had me worried then! I have a pic on the proper double din dascia from a audio shop, that i nearly borough it from. I'll see if i can dig it out for you. Saying that, my radio/fascia should have turned up by teh time i get home...

I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help!

PS, if i used a switched feed to power the radio, will i still be able to use it when the car is off?

well thats more to do with your head unit, some units you can switch on without having the ignition on. unfortuantly mine isnt so you need 2 turn the key to provide power to it. my only theory for this is that being such a big unit for 12V feed isnt enough for it to power

aye cheers let me know wat u find. if its decent i mite go for it myself and get rid of the fascia i have installed at the minute

good luck with it (y)

Here you go mate, this is the one i have got (hopefully!!)

Cheers
Matt :)

Attachments

• CONNECTS2-CT23FT01A-DDFACIA.jpg
    CONNECTS2-CT23FT01A-DDFACIA.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15
Woohoo, everything has now turned up, including the correct double din fascia, like the one posted above :)

What’s the correct order to install? Do I take out the old Fiat cage, then put the Kenwood one in, the HE, and then the fascia? How does it all go together, and how does it say in place in the dash?

Thanks guys, piccys coming soon!

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Right, I’ve been looking at all my new parts and I can’t seem to work out how they will all go together and stay in place in the dash! I expect it will all come clear once I take the old unit out, but I could do with some guidance.

Which order does everything go in?

It the fascia first, then the cage and then the HU?

I can see how the facia attached to the dash with clips and screws, but how does the cage attach, form looking at it, its just going to be loose and slip around?! I think the standard Stilo cage is screwed in.

Any advice anyone!!?

Cheers
Matt :yum:

Back