General Stilo Door Cards.

Currently reading:
General Stilo Door Cards.

Hello All.

I was thinking of adding to the sounds system in the stilo. I have a sub and amp in the boot (nice and tidy) but the door and rear speakers are standard. Now i heard that the door cards cannot be removed without breaking them? Is this true or is it possible to get in and replace them. I would probably have a shop do the work for me, but i wouldnt want the door cards to come back broke, (obv).

Cheers.

Stu.

lol :ROFLMAO:

there is a guide knocking about mate. very simple anyways, just go round the card removing all the screws and bolts, then 'pop' the tweeter housing off, then pulling from the bottom again 'pop' out all the pop clips around the edge of the card then lift it upwards as it hinges at the top

I heard the earth was flat:eek:

doh! :bang:

EARTH1.JPG

They come off in one peice, have a look in the guides section, there is a tutorial on how to replace the electric window regulator, this covers removing the door panel too. It's easy (y)

im looking to remove my door cards soon, and the rear quater interior panels s oi can have them retrimmed in red leather. how much of a job is it to keep them in one piece?

Apparently if you follow the guide and dont yank them off they will come off in one piece. Gonna take mine into an audio shop and have uprated speakers and tweaters all round. Gonna sound awesome :D

Guide Located Here

Thanks Guys

Apparently if you follow the guide and dont yank them off they will come off in one piece. Gonna take mine into an audio shop and have uprated speakers and tweaters all round. Gonna sound awesome :D

Guide Located Here

Thanks Guys

What amp are you going to be running what speakers. There would b no point in paying all that money as you wont gain very much by just replacing the speakers.

hello. ive had decent speakers put in and they made mdf inserts or something. nothing was snapped.

If you do a search on 'pod' in this section you can find another method where you can use the mounts that are already there.

Yes. Use a Dremel or Fein Multimaster to cut (flatten) the flange and the plastic that moulds the OEM speaker to the adapter. - 100% perfect fit for any aftermarket speakers. This way you can use the original clip plug aswell.

M.

Back