General Stilo Dented & Scratched....

Currently reading:
General Stilo Dented & Scratched....

Bren J

.....by today's hailstorm!!

Around 11am this morning, a huge thunderstorm dumped hail over Weybridge, Surrey, just as I was driving to the supermarket. The car now has several little circular dents on the bodywork, and a load of small paintwork scuffs and chips. I'm sure I'll be able to touch-up the chips quite well, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the little dents all over it? The dents are too small to be knocked out, but large enough to notice!

Here's some pics of the car bodywork, and the hail responsible!

Ignoring the fact that the hail left clean spots on my dirty car, some of these circles are indented thanks to the hail:
18.JPG

Some of the dents and scratches on the bodywork:
19.JPG

And here's a couple of pics of the storm too. just for the heck of it:

04.JPG

13.JPG

Apologies if this thread is best suited elsewhere :)

Cheers

did other cars in the street get scratched and dented, or was it just the stilo?
either way that was some storm.

Thanks for the replies :)

I was in a Tesco carpark at the time, and didn't check over the car until I arrived home (I didn't really think to at the time). Other cars may well have been dented, but I didn't look. I've checked, and I think hail damage is covered in my insurance policy - trouble is, it's not worth losing my no-claims bonus for a few scratches and pots in the bodywork. One of my hobbies (besides my Stilo) is storm-chasing, so I suppose I should be proud of the little dents ;)

Cheers

I would get it sorted, imagine how your car will look when you go to sell/trade it in. It will look bad used.

ScottyP said:
I would get it sorted, imagine how your car will look when you go to sell/trade it in. It will look bad used.

Hmmm, that's a point.
I'm certainly going to get the chips sorted out, and a couple of the major dents too. There are several smaller dents which are very hard to see, unless you put your head on the roof and look along the level of the bodywork. Time to get a quote methinks...

Cheers

Back