Technical Stilo creaking rear brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo creaking rear brakes

PeteJii

Hello fellow stiloists!

First of all, sorry about my english or noob mistakes. First posting to this forum.

Has anyone had problems with creaking or squeaking noises coming from the rear brakes when reversing? Especially when braking lightly. When driving forward and braking everything's ok.

When complaining to local dealer/ garage I got the feeling of being stupid. They said that it's due braking pad material and nothing can be done and besides, all the Stilo's have squeeky rear brakes.

I haven't been able to find any postings about this though, not here or in the Finnish counterpart. Should I just adjust myself to live with the noise or demand the dealer to do something? Car is under warranty.

What are your experiences about this and is there any practical hint to try?

Car is Stilo JTD MW ´04

Cheers,
Pete

I've not had that problem with my stilo although I have worn a pair of back disks and pads out before the front....
Without hearing the sound it's hard to say, often pads will move in the shoe causing funny noises, a clunk sound, when braking going backwards.
I'm guessing that the squeeking sound could be grit and dust held between the pad and the disk being moved around. It would be like stroking a cat backwards, your forcing materials in a direction that 99.9% of the time is the opposite direction to ever day use ie forward. so simply your forcing the materials held in the pad and the pad material itself in the wrong direction but no problem atall. Difficult to explain properly but I hope thats helped.

Cheers,
Pete[/QUOTE]

Back