General Stilo clutch away???????

Currently reading:
General Stilo clutch away???????

Stilo170

hey was sittin at lights ther 2nyt and sumfin wierd happened. im drivn a stilo jtd 1.9. the clutch pedal all of a sudden sucked in as tho i had depressed it and stayed there. and when you pull it back up you can drive normally and change gears etc but when you stop again the pedal goes back down. please tell me it aint my clutch. but would like to know either way.

Sounds like the slave cylinder or something has gone.

Does it do it all the time? Might be that its got overheated?

YEA I THINK THATS WHAT IT IS. I BLED THE SYSTEM AND NO CHANGE. DOES IT THA MAJORITY OF THA TYM AND GOES THRU FUID LIKE CRAZY SO IM GUESSIN SLAVE CYLINDER. NE IDEA HOW MUCH FOR ONE?

Cost me £120 to have done at a dealers earlier this year! Had to have it towed by the RAC because my clutch stayed on the floor and wouldnt stay back up.

pump the brake pedal, this might make it rise a little, then pump the clutch whilst holding the brake pedal down, have to do it every other time to stop, mine went and i was told to do this until the part came, it worked.

for me anyway, you have to pump pretty fast though, and get some funny looks off people in other cars:D

Last edited:
Back