General Stilo came up trumps yet again.

Currently reading:
General Stilo came up trumps yet again.

my other hobby is to do with suzuki sjs for offroading, ive got a road legal one, me and a mate picked one up for spares last night, this is the 2nd time ive towed over a tonne with my 3dr stilo 115jtd for 400 miles or so, and what a beast it is aswel. its an excellent towcar, i do huge amounts of mileage in mine, and alot of it involves towing. its 03 done nearly 81k and i work at a fiat dealership so i maintain it to the best possible standard. the roads were twisty as i live in south wales and the jeep was in anglessy, North Wales. but it just kept on pulling and didnt miss a beat. what a car!

Attachments

• DSC00394.JPG
    DSC00394.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00397.JPG
    DSC00397.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 21
Woo hoo another welshy stilo owner :slayer: you just gotta come to our welsh meets ..we can gang up on them bloody punto owners then :devil:

been driving around in a stilo recently & found something that has really annoyed me.......drivers airbag! it sticks up at the corners & catches my cuffs of my jacket when turning the wheel:mad:

Never had any problem with this and a new to me one anyone fancy putting up a pic with the offending area of the wheel arrowed :chin:

Never had any problem with this and a new to me one anyone fancy putting up a pic with the offending area of the wheel arrowed :chin:

cause you wear tank tops:p

Look at steering wheel airbag,its not flush with wheel thus it catches on clothing...got button of denim jacket caught on it this afternoon,ended up taking jacket off before I caused a accident:mad:

my other hobby is to do with suzuki sjs for offroading, ive got a road legal one, me and a mate picked one up for spares last night, this is the 2nd time ive towed over a tonne with my 3dr stilo 115jtd for 400 miles or so, and what a beast it is aswel. its an excellent towcar, i do huge amounts of mileage in mine, and alot of it involves towing. its 03 done nearly 81k and i work at a fiat dealership so i maintain it to the best possible standard. the roads were twisty as i live in south wales and the jeep was in anglessy, North Wales. but it just kept on pulling and didnt miss a beat. what a car!

Thats some test route you picked there :) Glad to hear positive feedback on towing with the 115 JTD Stilo as Mrs WNWL on about buying a caravan next year for the back of ours... me, I would be happy with a hired car trailer with an X1/9 on the back of it in need of saving :D

Maybe this is the wrong thread. But where did you get your tow ball and electrics installed? Then again if you work in a dealers, you probably done it yourself? And yes im a southern welshie aswell. so theres another supporter for your punto bashing club Phill!

Maybe this is the wrong thread. But where did you get your tow ball and electrics installed? Then again if you work in a dealers, you probably done it yourself? And yes im a southern welshie aswell. so theres another supporter for your punto bashing club Phill!

Wa hay :slayer: :slayer: up the welshy stilo crew (y)

:yeahthat:

Sorry, I shouldn't start about the Welsh really...

Phil, I know what you mean, we have trouble all the time with deer around here, but the bigger problems are the sheep, goats, even cattle and horses that stray onto the road. Couple that with the farmers tractors spilling oil and animal faeces on the road and not cleaning it up, then horse riders taking up the whole road and you get some big trouble caused by farmers. And yes Phil, I totally agree with you, fine them, especially for the various materials they spill on the road. There's times expecially during winter when the road is made entirely of mud and animal sh*t.

been driving around in a stilo recently & found something that has really annoyed me.......drivers airbag! it sticks up at the corners & catches my cuffs of my jacket when turning the wheel:mad:

This is indeed one of the most annoying things on the Stilo. Phil, it's the lowermost spoke on the steering wheel.

Result is as written, but also it produces unwanted honks and steering wheel slip-offs when parking. Getting used to it now though,

M.

Back