General Stilo brake prices

Currently reading:
General Stilo brake prices

my front brakes are on their last legs and with me going to uni soon I can't really afford performance ones so I've been on the lookout for standard ones.

the prices for front pads and discs are from fiat about £200, halfords wanted close to £300 :eek:, and then there was a place called J.F.P i think in sutton in ashfield who want £79 +VAT and they will fit them for free.

quite a good price I think, what has everyone else had to pay for front pads and discs? standard ones.

search ebay for item 290188526474, i've ran these for about 1k miles now, cost £220 all in plus a local "cash job" to fit.

they're not bad at stopping.....

<sorry, cannot create link using pda>

JJ, what are Sandicliffe like? I'm from Loughborough originally, and often pop up to see family and friends, so finding a decent garage up there would be good. (JCS Kegworth can kiss my ar*e, and I'm sure Dan would agree with me on that)

Dan, I can't believe how much you've been quoted there. I've got OMP Sport rotors and pads on the front of mine, and NBM Woolford braided lines, and all of that only cost me about £150. Granted it's a 1.2, but I know OMP prices don't rise that much for the larger models. But as you said performance means insurance increase. But that said, depending on who you're with, the parts plus insurance increase couldn't possibly add up to the 300 you've been quoted!!!

Last edited:
Back