Technical stilo boost valve

Currently reading:
Technical stilo boost valve

Hi,been getting p0235 fault up again and have convinced my self it is the boost regualtor.
Phoned fiat and they want £72 yes £72 for a new one !!!!!!:mad:
Does anyone know where i can get one any cheaper?
Or does anyone have a spare/seconhand one i could convince you to sell?

Cheers in advance

kev Walker

Check all the small bore tubing first to see if its cracked or perished and maybe even replace said tubing.
Then maybe get boost valve and shop4parts might be cheaper.

Hi
I have replaced the tubing from turbo to valve to the box on the back of the engine.
i really cannot think of what else it could be?
map cleaned, maf replaced i guess the only other thing that it could be is the egr valve however i,m not getting plumes of black smoke etc,

Cheers

Kev Walker

Hmmmmmmm i know, I had the same problems earlier on this year and it drove me nuts. Trouble is i dont know what i did in the end (i replace the valve and tubing and tried the old one too) and i have a fault and slight lack of go again and the engine light coming back on again.
I will be taking all the tubing off this weekend and cleaning bits and seeing where i go from here but the more worrying thing is that mine has now got a oil drinking problem but doesnt seem to be burning it (not that u can see) or leaking it.

Hi Muppet,
A friend of mine had a vw sharan with a variable vane turbo and he had very similar problems, lots of lag then power then mega flatspot. In the end he took the turbo off sent it away overhauled replaced job jobbed !! The turbo peeps said that the vane control arms etc were quite stiff although they were moving. I am starting to think this may be the problem with mine although i need to try a different valve first.
Its really annoying as one day the car is great and the next day it has as much power as the local parish council !!
I have tried everything else, the only other thing i could try is turning the valve through 180 degrees as i have the pipe connections facing downward and in the "resite" guide they are facing up if that makes sense.
Oh well will go out and have a play.
Cheers for now

kev Walker

Hmmmmmmmmm yes i wonder if mine could be the turbo vane control arms as mine is also a bit odd.
Well wont be doing anything today as its pouring down here.
Might do the same as you turn the valve upside down as mine are pointing down.

Hi again,
Well just been outside and turned it round the other way and...............no diffrerent, didnt think it would make any diffrence. i have gonethrough and checked every pipe to do with that area of the problem and they are all fine, even pulled a vacuum onto the system and left it for 15 minutes dial on pump didnt move so i i know that side of things is ok.
Just had an email from a breaker saying they have a boost valve and that it will be £76 delivered:bang: :eek: where do they get their prices from, mind you they were offering a 1 month warranty lol.
Shop4parts do one and it works out at about £58 delivered, do we get a discount via fiatforum?
Cheers for now

Kev Walker

Well,

I,m getting totally baffled with this damn car.
I was out messing about with car again and thought i wonder what would if i put the olf maf back in, it went like s**t off a shovel.
Plugged in ecu scanner and it returened 2 faults P0235 , well we all know that one plus P0101 , could the latter one be due due to me replacing the airfilter?
I have removed the neg battert terminal so will leave that off for an hour, go and try again. any ideas peoples?

Cheers,

Kev Walker

Well,

I,m getting totally baffled with this damn car.
I was out messing about with car again and thought i wonder what would if i put the olf maf back in, it went like s**t off a shovel.
Plugged in ecu scanner and it returened 2 faults P0235 , well we all know that one plus P0101 , could the latter one be due due to me replacing the airfilter?
I have removed the neg battert terminal so will leave that off for an hour, go and try again. any ideas peoples?

Cheers,

Kev Walker

I would be more inclined to try map sensor in the manifold cleaning these doesent work it normally finishes em off they get covered in crap due to there location the sensor in the manifold detects boost pressure which tells ecu what to do with the boost valve atached to the turbo what to do with help from ecu the other thing you could do is see what your boosting at try rigging a gauge to inlet side if ya have a friend with an old boost gauge.
These cars do suffer with boost valves also though due to there stupied location they get filled up with water via the vent on top there was an a little mod ya can do remove the cap type vent on top and put a piece of hose on valve attach it to vent and put it under battery cover.
Altough like others said could be the turbo itself having sticky vains

well today i think i have sorted it. I originally put a new maf sensor in but only changed the blade coz i,m lazy and hate cars !
Anyway today i thought i would have a look at the casing of the maf and to my surprise the gauze in the maf sensor was full of crud. Put the new casing on and my what a difference.
So from my original fault i can safely say it was the MAF.
Might be worth checking yours muppet?

Cheers

RM

Back