General Stilo Boost Pressure.

Currently reading:
General Stilo Boost Pressure.

Just been looking back at some FiatECUScan screen shots I kept from when I was having overboost issues.

The max boost that FES registered was 2429mbar.

Convert mbar to psi.

2429 millibar = 35.23 psi

So my Stilo was producing over 35psi of boost, thats almost the same as the recomended rear tyre pressure .. :eek:

I'm sure I read somewhere the Stilo turbo is capable of producing 3bar(43psi) so I wonder what my car is producing now its been remapped?

Attachments

• First Run.jpg
    First Run.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 82
STD for a boost gauge reading should be around 19 to 21psi peak gauge, on fes your reading absolute so you need to subtract atmospheric 980mb to 1020mb ish. or 14.7psi
Remapped I would think 24-26psi max.
If 30psi is gauge I would say too high turbo won't last at that pressure.
i think the 16v jtd boost sensor will read 3 bar(absolute) but i dont think the turbo is capable of that for long and egt would be very high im guessing?
Maybe his vnt is stuck or suffering badly from boost creep can u log his vnt% ? 20% means at it's limit and out of control really.
boost is 0-35 psi gauge blue on right

You will see mine creep to 26psi in high gears wot.im still on 21 psi map but tuning box and decat means i creep and vnt reaches 20%

Last edited:
STD for a boost gauge reading should be around 19 to 21psi peak gauge, on fes your reading absolute so you need to subtract atmospheric 980mb to 1020mb ish. or 14.7psi
Remapped I would think 24-26psi max.

Thanks.

That explains a lot. (y)

My remapped jtd shows about 30psi on initial spool up settling to 22-23psi from 2k upwards

I've not had FES conneted to the car since it was remapped. Its going to be a nice day tomorrow so might take her out for a spin with FES connected.

Last edited:
i would be very interested in the results. i have a hole in the flexi joint on my mid pipe which i think has lost me a psi or two.

i am not too sure if a remap actually increases boost to get more power like a petrol or fuel pressure.

Here's a log of mine remapped stilo.
3rd gear, gas pedal 100%

1.5 bar

JTD115 map sensor is 1.5bar, after 1.5 - check engine error :D

Attachments

• FESExp_1107092015_FIAT STILO 1.9 JTD_File1.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 56
Here's a few screen shots from FES I got this morning.

Fuel Quantity
Fuel Pressure
Boost
All the above

Included Engine Speed and Vehicle Speed in avery shot for comparison.

I'm running 100% Bio-Diesel and she still pulls like a tank. :D

Attachments

• Fuel Quantity.jpg
    Fuel Quantity.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Fuel Pressure.jpg
    Fuel Pressure.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Boost.jpg
    Boost.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 64
  • All.jpg