General Stilo Boost Pressure.

Currently reading:
General Stilo Boost Pressure.

OP
OP
Shadeyman
Just been looking back at some FiatECUScan screen shots I kept from when I was having overboost issues.

The max boost that FES registered was 2429mbar.

Convert mbar to psi.

2429 millibar = 35.23 psi

So my Stilo was producing over 35psi of boost, thats almost the same as the recomended rear tyre pressure .. :eek:

I'm sure I read somewhere the Stilo turbo is capable of producing 3bar(43psi) so I wonder what my car is producing now its been remapped?

Attachments

• First Run.jpg
    First Run.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 63
STD for a boost gauge reading should be around 19 to 21psi peak gauge, on fes your reading absolute so you need to subtract atmospheric 980mb to 1020mb ish. or 14.7psi
Remapped I would think 24-26psi max.
If 30psi is gauge I would say too high turbo won't last at that pressure.
i think the 16v jtd boost sensor will read 3 bar(absolute) but i dont think the turbo is capable of that for long and egt would be very high im guessing?
Maybe his vnt is stuck or suffering badly from boost creep can u log his vnt% ? 20% means at it's limit and out of control really.
boost is 0-35 psi gauge blue on right
You will see mine creep to 26psi in high gears wot.im still on 21 psi map but tuning box and decat means i creep and vnt reaches 20%

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadeyman
STD for a boost gauge reading should be around 19 to 21psi peak gauge, on fes your reading absolute so you need to subtract atmospheric 980mb to 1020mb ish. or 14.7psi
Remapped I would think 24-26psi max.

Thanks.

That explains a lot. (y)

My remapped jtd shows about 30psi on initial spool up settling to 22-23psi from 2k upwards

I've not had FES conneted to the car since it was remapped. Its going to be a nice day tomorrow so might take her out for a spin with FES connected.

Last edited:

rattystilo

i would be very interested in the results. i have a hole in the flexi joint on my mid pipe which i think has lost me a psi or two.

i am not too sure if a remap actually increases boost to get more power like a petrol or fuel pressure.

emzo

Here's a log of mine remapped stilo.
3rd gear, gas pedal 100%

1.5 bar

JTD115 map sensor is 1.5bar, after 1.5 - check engine error :D

Attachments

• FESExp_1107092015_FIAT STILO 1.9 JTD_File1.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 31
Your better off logging boost pressure in higher gear so it's under more load,if you watch mine boost stays around 21psi peak in lower gears but 5th and 6th goes above.

OP
OP
Shadeyman
Here's a few screen shots from FES I got this morning.

Fuel Quantity
Fuel Pressure
Boost
All the above

Included Engine Speed and Vehicle Speed in avery shot for comparison.

I'm running 100% Bio-Diesel and she still pulls like a tank. :D

Attachments

• Fuel Quantity.jpg
    Fuel Quantity.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Fuel Pressure.jpg
    Fuel Pressure.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Boost.jpg
    Boost.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 50
  • All.jpg