Tuning Stilo audio question?

Currently reading:
Tuning Stilo audio question?

limited edition

I have my twin subs and my 6x9 speakers and 2 amps which i was thinking i might put in the stilo BUT.... i didnt really want to ruin the look of the center console :( The standard c.d player being so big an aftermarket one would look silly even with the facia replacement :confused: what can i do????

One last try, can a mod please remove all my failed attempts TY

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    796.7 KB · Views: 67
I think they look ok with the fascia. Don't forget aftermarket units are more flashy and attract the eye more than what surrounds it.

I really don't get all this it doesn't look good. How many people spend a measurable amount of time admiring the aesthetics of the head unit fascia. This is the least of your worries and so subtle anyway.

If I was going to worry about that kind of thing then I would have to do away with the god awful steering wheel and bland Dash cluster. The seats are a bit lame and so is the white mirror.

Mine the limited editon 'blue' on a 2006 plate so i have black interior with the nice silver cd player nice black steering wheel with none of the silly cd changer controls on it and i have the white dashboard dials and a black mirror...:confused:

I only worry about it because im a bit of a perfectionist :cool: i dont like things looking out of place. But i see what you mean but still rather have a cd player that plugs the giant hole from where the standard head unit was.

Trust me your talking to the wrong person about being a perfectionist :devil:
What i meant is you can make a couple of changes and make the car a whole lot better.
Then the look of the head unit pales into insignificance.
I have changed my HU to an old Alpine unit atm but this is what mine looked like a couple of weeks ago.
12092010206.jpg

I think this weekend i may cover the Fascia in the same leather as my sub and the Airbag switch trim.
IMG_01385.jpg

I thought the OE seats were bulky and horrible so replaced them with sportier ones.
12092010209.jpg

And to finish off the look.
Teaser1.jpg

Last edited:
I do like your car :p but i think i may as well go for the bigger head unit as they're only just a smidge over a hundred pounds :D

I'd kill for a 5 speed gearbox though :p. Want a few more audio bits as well :) like sub, ampx2 and some 6x9's then i'll leave the audio alone (y)

Well be careful what head unit you choose then. If you want additional amps then you will need a given amount of preouts. The cheap double din ones tent to not have many.

If you plan to have a sub amp then that will need 1 set of preouts.
If you want some speakers on a 2 channel amplifier then that will also need a set of preouts.
If you want to run an active front end i.e use a 4 channel amplifier then that alone will normally require 2 sets of preouts.

As for 6x9's... Dont bother. The mid and treble (and bass if you really want to be picky) should come from the front. A decent set of components in the front doors, nicely amped up is all you need. Then sub in the boot for convenience.

Okay well if i post a link to the cd player could you explain some of its features?:eek: I dont want to get the wrong one and this sort of thing confuses me :p so lose the 6x9 idea and just amp the front uprated ones okay cool sounds good to me :) although i spend a lot of the time in my old car with the boot open listening to music with my mates so would it be better for 6x9's or door speakers? :cool:

On the subject of car stereos, does anyone have an old, basic cd/radio lying around?
I have a decent sony unit with bluetooth etc, but it's in the wife's car - she only needs a basic radio and cd, so if I can puck up an old second hand unit, I'll shove the sony in the Flying Chicken.
I would then of course have the original fiat head unit available for sale, tooo...

Not sure TBH i can find out what any of us have.

Only thing im not using ATM is my P88RS. But you would have to join a very long que for that lol.

Back