General Stilo Alarms

Currently reading:
General Stilo Alarms

Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
4,217
Location
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Now its been a while since i looked at alarms and is it my imagination or did Fiat do 2 Alarms for the Stilo? If so i want the better one, and is this the Meta M782 A system

Thanks muchly
 

PNL

Banned
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
17,870
Location
In my house
activematt said:
Now its been a while since i looked at alarms and is it my imagination or did Fiat do 2 Alarms for the Stilo? If so i want the better one, and is this the Meta M782 A system

Thanks muchly


Why whats up M8 are you having probs with robbers /scumbags/chaves :mad:
 
OP
OP
A
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
4,217
Location
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Nah nothing like that, but am in the process of making my car more desireable to the theiving scum of this world and just feel its stupid of me to spend lots of money on the car when its got no form of alarm
 

PNL

Banned
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
17,870
Location
In my house
Aint it just sickening that just because you want to upgrade your car like active u have to include an alarm so that some lousey piece of filth mAy decide he/she wants it or parts of it AND DOESNT WANT to shell out theyre hard earned dole money just nick it BASTERDS :mad:
 

Rich

Former FIAT Obsessive
Joined
Jul 2, 2002
Messages
3,543
Location
Torquay
From what I remember matt, FIAT only did one alarm for the Stilo which was designed to interface with the CAN network. You can't (unfortunately) just add the Stilo's factory alarm as it's a node and you'll have issues getting it to interface with the Body Computer.

The accessory one goes under the scuttle plate and you need to install sensors on the top of the A-pillars, but it should be rather easy, and links to the CAN line properly to flash the lights and be armed and disarmed using the original key.

Try searching on Ebay (European Union) and usually there are some on there, such as this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/allarme-modul...8027095877QQcategoryZ9886QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 

PNL

Banned
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
17,870
Location
In my house
Tell me though Active why the fiat alarm as we know fiat electrics are a little dodgy woudnt a toad or thatcham cat 1 be better(y)
 
OP
OP
A
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
4,217
Location
Nr Maidstone, Kent
PNL said:
Tell me though Active why the fiat alarm as we know fiat electrics are a little dodgy woudnt a toad or thatcham cat 1 be better(y)

My main reason is i want an alarm that works with my existing key, and i think its stupid to have a key thats a key fob, but yet still have to carry another key fob to work the alarm. If anyone can point me of another more advanced alarm system that i can operate using my existing key id happily go there
 

PNL

Banned
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
17,870
Location
In my house
activematt said:
My main reason is i want an alarm that works with my existing key, and i think its stupid to have a key thats a key fob, but yet still have to carry another key fob to work the alarm. If anyone can point me of another more advanced alarm system that i can operate using my existing key id happily go there


Point taken but I was thinking of the after market alarms because thy will probably be a darn site better imo carrying the extra fob woudnt worry me(y)
 
OP
OP
A
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
4,217
Location
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Yeah i can see where your coming from with aftermarket alarms being better, with more functions and so on, and if i had a spare key that it was just the key itself id be happy to put another fob on that, but i just cant clear my mind thats it pointless to be carrying about my key that can open the car, aswell as another fob that does the same thing...........maybe im alone in this thinking (more than likely i probably am) i just like to have the existing key because of it being the simple square with the retractable key, i dont even hang any other keys or key rings of my car key as i think it looks funny...........ok yeah it probably is because im weird!
 

stilosporting

just frank
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,937
Location
west yorkshire
you may want to check this but last time i asked about an alarm with my local ice dealer they said they could get other alarms to work off the standard fob! i asked because i wouldnt want two fobs either, would annoy the hell out of me as i dont have any other keys on my fob, i use it on its own if that makes sense!
 

PNL

Banned
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
17,870
Location
In my house
activematt said:
Yeah i can see where your coming from with aftermarket alarms being better, with more functions and so on, and if i had a spare key that it was just the key itself id be happy to put another fob on that, but i just cant clear my mind thats it pointless to be carrying about my key that can open the car, aswell as another fob that does the same thing...........maybe im alone in this thinking (more than likely i probably am) i just like to have the existing key because of it being the simple square with the retractable key, i dont even hang any other keys or key rings of my car key as i think it looks funny...........ok yeah it probably is because im weird!


NO mate your not weird just peticular and judgingfrom other threads you keep your stilo spotless and that is a credit to you (y)
 
Top