Technical stilo alarm failure

Currently reading:
Technical stilo alarm failure

matttarn

Please someone, im in desperate need of help!!!!!!
my 1.9jtd will not start, it says secuity failure loose connection, it trys to turn over but does not fire, please any suggestions:cry:

do you have another key to try as it would seem issue with recognizing transponder chip in key if not you could try disconnecting battery for 30 min, and checking battery is in good state of charge otherwise if it is not recognizing the transponder in key it would require taking to fiat to look at may just need to set up the keys again for immobilizer..check battery and do you have cover for battery so not been water damage to electrics in that area
If you had the electronic security code available from fiat over the counter for aprox £45 some stilo's can be started for emergency purpose by pressing throttle and entering this code if you do a search the procedure is in a thread somewhere, but you will need electronic code for any of above to try

Last edited:
Cheers I will try the other key, would it be worth while changing the battery in key?

Hi I've just remembered I did try the other key this problem happend before xmas, but ended up using my dads car but now trying to get it fixed, do you no if it could be the alarm module ?

I am not sure if changing battery in remote will make any difference as the transponder is a tiny part of the key fob that is not related to battery use of key, could be wrong..
Would certainly disconnect car battery and make sure it is well charged..
It may just of lost your transponder code's from car computer memory for disarming imobilizer and require the transponders setting up again this would be a fiat dealer job and would require purchasing the electronic 5 digit code along with any other charges..so you could visit fiat and get the electonic 5 digit code and see if you can use emergency start procedure to get car moving to take it to fiat to plug in and look at the security issue with alarm, if you car allows emergency start procedure then remember each time you start car until fixed you have to use the procedure to start i.e if you need to stop for petrol/diesel on the way..I did put details of this emergency start procedure in a thread here some time back if you do a search

Just done look and if you look through this link it gives emergency start details once you have the 5 digit electronic code..I do not remember date but cars after certain year will not work mine is reg Jan 04 and it works fine for me
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/307285-car-security-failure-help-needed.html

Last edited:
Back