General Stilo Abarth

Currently reading:
General Stilo Abarth

Vickster

Women drive coupes too
Having had 6 Fiats (still got 2 :rolleyes: ), was thinking of defecting to something German for the next car :eek: Howver, I didn't realise Stilo Abarths depreciate quite so much and are pretty reasonable ... I've heard the Selespeed can be dodgy, but I see there are manuals out there (y) I have a non-turbo coupe so want something comparable in the power stakes but more practical... So what are they like to own?

the selespeeds systems on the abarth are quite reliable compared to the ones used in the alfas. I think a Stilo abarth should be quicker than a Coupe non-turbo anyway.

go for it (y) theres no other car which comes close to the stilo in the price range.

Well given the choice I would keep the coupe I think their a loverly car and would get one tomorrow if we didnt have grand kids (y) just my opinion tho

Thanks guys (y) Positive stuff - compared to an S3 which is an option, they are so much more reasonable (of course, they start off at about half the price) - but the extra 4k will buy a lot of insurance and petrol :rolleyes:

I really like the coupe too, but it's not the most practical car...can't get the bike in the boot for example and it's also getting quite old. I'm hoping for a promotion to a more senior role now and want a newer car and also something that isn't loud and bright yellow for going to client meetings in :D

There's a burgundy one on here with cream leather at a dealer - anyone know anything about it...especially where it is?

PNL aint gonna be too happy with u :D

although i like the 3dr more, a tastefully modified 5dr actually looks quite nice, much better than sone other cars, plus its immensely practical, with plenty of neat features (y)

PNL aint gonna be too happy with u :D

although i like the 3dr more, a tastefully modified 5dr actually looks quite nice, much better than sone other cars, plus its immensely practical, with plenty of neat features (y)

I love you :hug: :D not really but you know what I mean 5drs Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:slayer:

I don't really need 5 doors and I much prefer the looks of the Stilo...to be honest, I'm not totally convinced by them in either guise - I am being driven by the fact it's a Fiat and they are good VFM ...

I think would much rather have an Audi S3 (especially in the snow) but the potential costs may stick them out of my reach :(

The 5 door is very practical, but the 3 door is better looking no doubt (I own a five door).

Fuel consumption is rubbish, so if you do a lot of miles go for something more economical. I have used mine for client meetings and I have had the odd admiring glance, there aren't many about and when compared to the endless fleet of Mondeo's and Avensis drivers out there you will stand out in a crowd.

The selespeed is a work of genius, not had any bother with mine, dreading going back to a manual and having to use 3 pedals :)

For 4-5k you can pick up a car with more toys than the star ship enterprise that goes like a very fast thing - thats got to be worth a look

hi vickster, i used to have a 20v na coop (i think i recall you from the coop forum) anyhow i jumped to a stilo schumacher which is basically a special edition arbath, and i love it, i was in the same boat as you, my coop was getting old and i was looking for a newer car, i test drove and researched a lot of cars and the schuey stilo was by far the best value for money, its faster than at 20v na coop and has the same sweet sounding engine,no problems with it and on only warning i've had on it is low fuel! which happens a lot if you have a heavy right foot!!

Ive had a 3 dr Abarth Stilo for around a year now and I love it, you get so much kit for your money I think. Mine is also a Selespeed and no problems with it yet

Is that neat features like a hearse has neat feautures?

I think us 5dr owners will find that rather insulting from a person that has the K&N putt putt filter fitted to his car :shakehead was going to give you a big reply but your post just shows your ignorance

Last edited:
I have the K&N filter in my car and im not the one slagging the stilo off. I love them, The 3 door version suits me fine, I haven't any need for a 5 door as i dont have any bin lids.

I have the K&N filter in my car and im not the one slagging the stilo off. I love them, The 3 door version suits me fine, I haven't any need for a 5 door as i dont have any bin lids.

Little tip then dig a hole in the garden and bury the K&N and with any luck it will multiply and you can sell the lot and make a profit (y) if you want power from a filter then PM me and I will arrange a massive increase in proven power for you not the loss you are getting with your K&N one ;) this is not intended to offend anyone by this comment well at least you (y) and 3drs are nice cars to ..shame about the doors tho lol

Hi, Thanks for the offer, K&N seems to be ok at the moment, mind seen as it was in when I bought it, i do not know if the power is any different! No offense taken! ....... 3doors rule! (y)

Back