General Stilo Abarth 48000 mile service

Currently reading:
General Stilo Abarth 48000 mile service

Neil Barker

Paparrazi
I rang two Fiat dealers for a quote for a 48,000 mile service for my 3dr 2004 Abarth yesterday.

JCS wanted about £300 and Sunwin wanted £350.

My eyes popped out :yuck:

Having had what I thought was the 'expensive' service at 36k, I was expecting it to be more like £150-ish.

As my car is now out of warranty, I started to look for Fiat independents and noticed people saying good things about MotorMech in Birmingham. Rang him up and after a nice chat with someone who gives off a damn sight better impression than any other Fiat dealer I've used, he quoted me £170+VAT, using all Fiat parts/oils etc.

So, it's booked in there (y)

Why is the 48k service so expensive ?

bozzy

Veracocha
I rang two Fiat dealers for a quote for a 48,000 mile service for my 3dr 2004 Abarth yesterday.

JCS wanted about £300 and Sunwin wanted £350.

My eyes popped out :yuck:

Having had what I thought was the 'expensive' service at 36k, I was expecting it to be more like £150-ish.

As my car is now out of warranty, I started to look for Fiat independents and noticed people saying good things about MotorMech in Birmingham. Rang him up and after a nice chat with someone who gives off a damn sight better impression than any other Fiat dealer I've used, he quoted me £170+VAT, using all Fiat parts/oils etc.

So, it's booked in there (y)

Why is the 48k service so expensive ?

My 24k was £340 with JCS. My 36 was £300 only the other week and that consists of an oil change (JTD). This represents poor value for money especially when the tech could not answer a simple query around the springs/catcher. Motormech has some good reviews and much closer to me than JCS. I will use them in future. Even though I have a very reliable JTD I will not set foot in another Fiat dealership when I can get better service & advice from the local spanner.

PNL

Banned
Make sure they use selenia 20k oil you dont want any of that castrol crap in your car :yuck: its the only oil my dealer uses [as they should]and the best oil for fiat engines by far :)

minimad99

Driver Extraordinaire
Does anyone know of an old thread detailing recomended Independant Fiat garages around the country. I think it would be helpful?
Could be made a sticky or FAQ

Old's in Dorchester (Near where I live now) are pretty good, apart from their D+Ding receptionist biatch. Of course that means roughly a 400 miles round trip from the midlands :D