Stilo 2004 JTD problems

Currently reading:
Stilo 2004 JTD problems

Hi All, New to here as just bought a 2004 JTD 3 Door with 106k miles on the clock. There are a few problems with the car and advice would be great. I have blue smoke when I shut the throttle and coast down hill and then open throttle - out it comes (not a lot) I took off the inlet pipe from the turbo to the air cleaner and have oil in there. My guess is the seals in the turbo have gone - thoughts........ Next is on smooth road the car is great but rough the front crashes/ rattles - common faults PLEASE lower arms, drop links etc????? Should have said it came with 11 months UK MOT so would have thought they would have checked for play etc in the suspension.

Thanks

Last edited:
Found another small problem today - the small red pipe going to the solinoid valve that works the variable turbo valve was leaking. The red pipe was very loose in the rubber fitting.

Ok clever people on here, can someone explain this ; since fixing the small pipe leak the blue smoke has gone away. If I disconnect the blue pipe from the solenoid it smokes like crazy and refit it clear as a bell;;;;;; Someone want a go at explaining WHY :)

Just removed cleaned and replaced EGR. It was quite clean to be honest. Someone had tried to remove it before and rounded one of the allen bolts so took off differently and replaced bolt.:)

Back