Technical Stilo 1.8 Engine mod questions?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 1.8 Engine mod questions?

GuffGTI

I will apologise now as I quite new to the forum I may have asked some questions which may have already been answered in other threads,

I am looking to get a few other mods done on the car, I am looking to get the cylinder head gas flowed and a set of cam’s fitted been quoted about £700 for getting the work Carried (That’s me removing the head and sending it to the Company “Agra Engineering”) has any body had this kind of work carried out before? Also looking to get the ECU remapped (Have been quoted £250 form a company called V.E.S sport located in Perthshire) has any body had this kind of work carried out before as well? Last but not least I currently have a powerflow st/st cat back system fitted twin tail pipe. I Havre read some of the threads about manifolds but I can’t seem to find one that does not do away with the cat as I am looking to fit a performance cat to keep with in the law as our paths have crossed in the past!!

Porting and flowing on its own for £700 is a bit steep on the 1.8 16v. If it includes multi angle valve cutting and re-profiled cams it is not too bad. Who is doing the cams. If it is Piper or Kent forget it.

Powerflow exhaust are a bit hit and miss. Some of their dealers are good others aren't. A very good manifold is the Supersprint 814701, which doesn't come with a cat. A sports cat would be better after the manifold and if you have a post lambda sensor it should be removed and disabled in the ECU software.

Not everybody can do this nor is every company able to re-map your ECU.

Also look in the induction. We have gained 7% torque pretty much all the way through on the 1.8 with a peak power improvement of about 10bhp.

Thanks for the info

From some of the threads I have read so far I notice you do some similar work do you have your own business or is it a hobby?

Can you recommend any companies or companies that would be willing to take on this kind of work?

As to inductio I have a one off green twin cone induction kit (manufactured by myself still to fit some kind of heat shield) with a forced cold air feed fed from the bumper grill.

Oldschool can do a proper induction kit for the 1.8 it is under revision ATM my 1.6 has one fitted and has increased the bhp by 13bhp before the ecu was remapped I am running now at 119.7 bhp from a car that ran on the dyno as standard 99bhp:) I also have a Powerflow cat back Stainless steel system fitted and found that the car had better pick up after fitting (y) I have super4 plugs fitted to.

Back