Technical Stilo 1.8 16V (192A4000) engine compatibility

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 1.8 16V (192A4000) engine compatibility

rmatev

Dear all,

I have a Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V (192A4000). Unfortunately, I've been told by an engine mechanic that the crankshaft and the "holes in which it is placed in the engine" are damaged beyond repair. So I guess I need a new (used) crankshaft and crankcase or a whole engine. The trouble is that this particular engine is hard to find here.

Therefore, my question is, can I use replacement parts from other Fiat engines and which ones? I have already been offered parts from Marea 1.8 16V.

Best regards,
Rosen

Last edited:
you can use the crank of a marea.

all fiat 1.8 engines will fit, but only the punto hgt, stilo, and barchetta 1.8 engines have the timing variator in the head.... however your head with variator will fit on any fiat 1.8 engine

Dear all,

I have a Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V (192A4000). Unfortunately, I've been told by an engine mechanic that the crankshaft and the "holes in which it is placed in the engine" are damaged beyond repair. So I guess I need a new (used) crankshaft and crankcase or a whole engine. The trouble is that this particular engine is hard to find here.

Therefore, my question is, can I use replacement parts from other Fiat engines and which ones? I have already been offered parts from Marea 1.8 16V.

Best regards,
Rosen

I'm in the same situation as you. My mechanic told me that i have a damaged crankshaft. The metal and the bearings have grinded against each other. So i also need a new crank but i'm looking at replacing the engine. It can be cheaper after pricing up a new crank and all the bits that you need with it.

Sorry my post isn't really helpful to you. Just thought i'd let you know your not alone on this one :)

Phil

you can use the crank of a marea.

all fiat 1.8 engines will fit, but only the punto hgt, stilo, and barchetta 1.8 engines have the timing variator in the head.... however your head with variator will fit on any fiat 1.8 engine

Thanks!
Do I understand correctly that in my case the head and the crankcase is a single block? Also, is it straightforward to take a punto hgt engine and replace the stilo one (in terms of ECU and other components)?

Phil, thanks for the support :), good luck to you.

Regards,
Rosen

ive replaced mine and its all togeather working spot on again :).

ps. the dreamers on ebay wanting 500 for a stilo engine are just havnig a laugh. any breakers yard i looked them up at were 200 or less.

Back