Technical Stilo 1.6 54 ***Engine Fault***

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 1.6 54 ***Engine Fault***

Hi Guys,

I was driving to work the other day and the engine fault message and light came on. As I was driving it home to swap with my girlfriends car it was very VERY lumpy!! found it hard to get up hills.

When the car is just ticking over it sound fine apart from the engine light
I've just plugged it in and its reading off some codes:

P0201- Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 1
P0351- Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
P0352- Ignition Coil B ..... .....
P0353- Ignition Coil D ..... ......
P0354- Ignition Coil C ...... ......

I wanted to find out if one of the coils had gone so I started the engine and pulled the plugs off each coil one after the other and each of them seem to have the same affect to the engine.
Does anyone have any ides that could help??

Thanks

With all 4 cylinders reporting faults then it won't be individual coils but something that could affect all 4 cylinders at the same time. So that's more likely to be a poor contact somewhere or a loss of signal from a sensor

Unless you read the fault codes after disconnecting each coil in which case you'd get all cylinders reporting coil faults

Last edited:
With all 4 cylinders reporting faults then it won't be individual coils but something that could affect all 4 cylinders at the same time. So that's more likely to be a poor contact somewhere or a loss of signal from a sensor

Unless you read the fault codes after disconnecting each coil in which case you'd get all cylinders reporting coil faults

HII removed all 4 coils and put them back in, deleted the fault codes and it started up with no *engine fault*Thanks

Back