Technical Still unsteady idle

Currently reading:
Technical Still unsteady idle

Well I loosened the throttle so its sits happily when on idle, but the problem of a rough idle is still there, with it dipping and rising, sending a shudder through the car. This only seems to happen when its warm?

I'm checking gaskets again this weekend and making sure my botch job is up to scratch on the Throttle body.

Any more suggestions? Someone mentioned a Lambda last time, what other symptoms would come along with this?

You have an improved induction kit.
You have an improved throttle body.
You a much higher lift cam.
You have an improved exhaust.
You have a considerably bigger engine.

Have you thought about it that the mapping might not be up to delivering the fuel? When the engine is cold the ECU does the same as a choke. It injects much more fuel to overcome the fuel condensation.

The MCkrich chip most likely is not up to it. Don,t get me wrong. I do not want to claim that the chip is no good. But don't forget it was not done for the setup you have.

Otherwise I only can think of the idle control.

So its not a symptom of lambda then?

Thats good to hear

Now the question is do I get a re-map now, or wait for a few months untill it goes ptsschh??

Decisions decisions. . .

you could clean the idle control valve out, but as Peter said its probably due to the engine not being very standard anymore.

The shudder when warm isn't the revs dipping as the fan kicks in is it?

Back