Technical Still overheating!

Currently reading:
Technical Still overheating!

stu32uk

A few weeks ago, my 1.2 8v overheated whilst also making a grinding noise when I pressed the accelerator. Upon investigation, the coolant fan was not working when the engine was obviously up to temperature. I visited a mechanic who later replaced the thermostat, coolant pump and timing belt, which seemed to solve the problem. The heater even began to pump out hot air for the first time in ages so all was well, so no circulation problems as previously thought was the cause.
This was until yesterday when the exact same thing happened - steam from the engine bay, and the exact same horrible grinding noise, with water also being splattered out of the top of the expansion tank.
I know that the head gasket needs to be replaced since an oil leak from the engine developed, but surely this would not have much bearing on the car going from working perfectly to the same thing happening again??

Anyone with any suggestions?

A blockage is what I was suspecting. I'm going to do a flush tonight/tomorrow.
Any chance it could be something to do with the heater matrix playing up do you think?

Every heater matrix ive seen has chucked out and an awful lot of smoke in the cabin.

I had the water pump replaced with a brand new one 3 days before this happened again. After doing a flush and bleed of the system, things do seem a little better, but again no action from the cooling fan, the engine is getting up to temperature but the fan just will not kick in. I know the fan motor is ok since I continuity checked it and it spun like a good'un.
Anything else I could try?

I had the water pump replaced with a brand new one 3 days before this happened again. After doing a flush and bleed of the system, things do seem a little better, but again no action from the cooling fan, the engine is getting up to temperature but the fan just will not kick in. I know the fan motor is ok since I continuity checked it and it spun like a good'un.
Anything else I could try?

Check the fans Fuse and relay

the fuse poped = No fan
Relay stuck in the open position = No circuit = No fan

If you unplug the Temp sensor - the engines fan SHOULD! kick in straight away
as the car goes into Limp/Panic mode

Ziggy

Back