Technical Still having problems with lowering MK1 Punto HELP ME PLEASE...

Currently reading:
Technical Still having problems with lowering MK1 Punto HELP ME PLEASE...

Want to mod a punto

Hi guy's and gal's as i put on a recent post i have been having problems with my lowering kit for my MK1 punto and am getting to the stage of wanting to give in modding it but as i am almsot there really want to carry on and finnish it:bang:
The problem is I recived my Gmax lowering kit and fitted it to my punto 60s. Every thing was great to begin with looked nice but then i took it out for a drive and could here a strange noise coming from springs as tough they are lose:eek: but have checked this and i know their not.
A friend of mine told me to check that all heat sheilds are securely fitted as one appered lose and this could be causing noise i have tightend these up but noise continues. I have noticed when lifting bonnet that the top of the new strut sits higher than old one:confused:
Picture%201360.jpg
I took old standard struts off by undoing top bolt and undoing it from hub but did not remove mountig plate should i have?? I then put new Gmax springs and struts on and put them on the same way i took old ones off was there something i was supposed to leave out as they sit higher in turret in bonnet area than they did origanaly or is this normal? What could the noise be? does anyone have any ideas?
I am still running on standard 13's till i fit my alloys 14's within next few days, but i am also getting a knocking noise when turning at low speeds, when i pull away or brake and on full lock i know its not CV joints as i have just replaced CV boots and joints are in good order could it just be the fact of still running on standard wheels and tracking needs doing?????:(
Since i put the post on here last time the noise has started to really concern me and it now sounds like the whole front end of car is lose:eek: :eek: but all bolts are secure and tight, Can anyone help me please:worship: :worship: :worship:

Back