Sticky Processor!

Currently reading:
Sticky Processor!

Having motherboard trouble so need to return it to the retailer... had to remove the processor... unclipped and pulled up.

Off it came, but where is the processor!? Empty zif socket... :eek:

Processor is stuck fast to the bottom of the heatsink. :bang:

Took a lot of heating with a hairdryer (wives can be useful sometimes) and pushing to eventually free the CPU from the heatsink. Stoopid OEM heat paste. Usually use Arctic Silver but didn't have any so used what came with the CPU/Heatsink. Never again.​

Having motherboard trouble so need to return it to the retailer... had to remove the processor... unclipped and pulled up.

Off it came, but where is the processor!? Empty zif socket... :eek:

Processor is stuck fast to the bottom of the heatsink. :bang:

Took a lot of heating with a hairdryer (wives can be useful sometimes) and pushing to eventually free the CPU from the heatsink. Stoopid OEM heat paste. Usually use Arctic Silver but didn't have any so used what came with the CPU/Heatsink. Never again.​
Whenever I remove a CPU I make sure I've run the PC for a bit with a few instances of Prime95 to really heat it up. Not such a problem with socket 775 but I pulled the CPU out of the socket plenty of times on my S478 system when I was using one of these.....

Hyper1.jpg

Not cool......

Back