General Sticky door mirror

Currently reading:
General Sticky door mirror

Any experiences of the mirrors sticking when un-folding. It started a few weeks ago on the odd occassion.When I mentioned it to the fitter he said he thought it would need a complete unit and spraying. It's now happens every time and I have to "flap" them a few times manually to set it in it's normal position. I asked him about lubrication and he said to only use silicone.

Shrek

Thanks for your posts. I'll call into the dealer tomorrow and set things in motion for a new one. As you say Stu, I'm probably the first!!!

Regarding the odd shaped wheel nuts has anyone got an answer yet from their dealer. I'm going to ask them while I'm there and it's good to have the answer for them.

Also, I did'nt get the luggage net for the boot with the car (second hand). Does it do it's job OK as it costs around £50 and I am going to order one.

shrek said:
Regarding the odd shaped wheel nuts has anyone got an answer yet from their dealer. I'm going to ask them while I'm there and it's good to have the answer for them.

Also, I did'nt get the luggage net for the boot with the car (second hand). Does it do it's job OK as it costs around £50 and I am going to order one.
Dealer still looking into my nuts - they were trying to source a new wheel brace, but I said that wasn't the issue - I want new nuts all round that are safe; I am back there on the 20th to have curtain replaced, so will chase up then.

I use the net occasionally when the double buggy isn't in the boot, lol. Yep, seems to do its job. My only gripe is that when you put the bottom clips into the floor, my floor mats have to be moved aside to access the slots, making the mats curl up at the edges!

Stuart DemonD said:
Dealer still looking into my nuts!
That could so be taken the wrong way......

Stuart DemonD said:
They were trying to source a new wheel brace, but I said that wasn't the issue - I want new nuts all round that are safe !
So what's wrong with the other wheel nuts (I know the issue with the locking ones), or have I mis-understood what you mean here?

Stuart DemonD said:
I use the net occasionally when the double buggy isn't in the boot, lol. Yep, seems to do its job. My only gripe is that when you put the bottom clips into the floor, my floor mats have to be moved aside to access the slots, making the mats curl up at the edges!
You must have different mats to mine - I don't have that issue. The net is well useful, especially for shopping trips, or for keeping small objects in the back from rolling around loose..... I wouldn't be without mine now.

Last edited:
sammiboo said:
lol john K - i missed that one - i feel so ashamed ;) :p
Not like you to miss a chance for a smutty comment :D.

BTW - we now have a Subway in the local shopping centre, and across the road from my work! Yum! :cool:

sammiboo said:
ooo subway - hmmm i bet we know where to find you at lunch time :D
If I manage to get a lunch break! :mad:

The local shopping centre one is great though as it gives a nice alternative to some of the other options available when we want some lunch in the middle of a major weekend shopping expedition..... anyway - this is all getting a little off topic! ;)

Our Ulysse suffers from sticking mirrors once in a while.
Somethimes both stay stuck in sometimes just the driver one.
Dealer had a look but couldn't locate a problem.
We just live with it. It's not a big enough problem to warrent the repair.
Would be nice if there was an option to have them retract or not based on a drivers choice. That way you would save wear and tear.

There is a way to switch off this option - I will need to try this out, but I think it involves switching on the ignition whilst holding down the retract button. You should hear a beep to confirm. The mirrors will then be in manual mode.

Never had chance to try it last night, but I am sure I managed the mirrors, plus set individual auto windows to manual, just by sitting in the car and pressing/holding down certain buttons.

One I did find was keeping the 'lock doors' button pressed - this switches on autolocks, as you drive off.

With all these things, you tend to hear a confirmation beep from the system to let you know something has been changed.

The only thing I ever needed Examiner for was to switch on the AV ports in the glovebox, and turn off the speed restricter for the screen :)

To set the mirrors to fold automatically, do the following:

1. Move the slider for the for the mirror adjustment selection to its middle position.
2. Pull the slider back and hold it in this position for about 30 sec.

This will either switch it on or off depending on what setting was already active.

To do the windows.

1. Turn off the car, ignition in first position (battery light off)
2. Open the window from the inside
3. Keep the window switch 'pulled' while switching on the ignition (battery light on)
4. Close the window from the inside
5. Keep the window switch 'pushed' while switching off the ignition (battery light off)

Repeat that procedure for all windows that you intend to open with a double-press on the remotes' open button.

This came from www.eurovan2.com.

Andy

Switched mine into manual mode tonight.
Ignition on hold the retract button back for 5 seconds or so and theres a bong (the mirrors will have retracted) toggle the button again to get the mirrors back out.
Now in manual mode. Mirrors stay out unless you manually flip them in.
Also changed the doors into auto lock mode when rolling.

Back