General Stereo

Currently reading:
General Stereo

Jonno51

Hi,

I have just been looking through images on Google and have seen the picture below. I like the look of the Satnav/stereo unit and wondered if it is possible to a) get hold of a unit like that and b) retro-fit it to a Panda Cross?

Any ideas?

J.

main.php

First of all, its not a case of plug and play. You will need to either purchase or make a suitable loom, both GSM and GPS aerial(s) and will need to potentially include a power time-delay in the install to fool the canbus into thinking that nothing has been added to the car.

I think you'll be lucky to find a unit secondhand in the UK - you may find one on ebay in Italy/Germany where they seem to have been ticked more often on the options list. Checking via a polish on-line eper (not sure hold old the version is) it appears to be over £1,000 for the unit alone new.

I am struggling to find one with a code for the Croma - not even considered finding one of these for my 100HP :D

Most opinions are that there are better alternatives by aftermarket units, and I would not be considering one of these if the Mirrorlink concept included windows phones - but I like the challenge of finding an original fit unit and installing, as this is something I have done with previous cars I have owned.

I wish you luck if you go looking for one - if you do find one, then report back how you get on!

That was an option mainly for left hand drive versions. I can't see that being an easy one to find.

Back