Punto (Mk2/2b) stereo/dash illumination link

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) stereo/dash illumination link

Hi. I recently posted regarding problems I was having with stereo (under "electrics" ). Is there a link between there being no stereo fitted and having no dash illumination? . I picked up two fiat units but only one gets power, beeps and lights up displaying WAIT. Anyone know if it's communicating with the ecu. Don't have a code but it doesn't give me the option to input one. Does the bp number 7642374316 have to match the stereo that was originally fitted?. Not that bothered about the stereo ( would be a bonus ) but I would like to have the dashboard light up. Help please.

Dashboard illumination should not be affected by the stereo, so that is a separate issue.

If you put the wrong code in to the stereo, it will show "Wait" for a while, then allow you to try again. Each time the wrong code is input, the wait time gets longer. (Doubles I think) Before trying again, you'll need the code. Look in ICE for this thread https://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/85204-one-only-code-fiat-radio-thread.html and ask there. I think you have to donate to the forum, which seems fair. Once you have the code, plug the stereo in and wait, like it says, until it is ready for the input of the correct code.

The stereo isn't linked for illumination to the standard stereo

The stereo is always lit up when its switched on, IF the dash lights aint coming on
A - the bulbs all blown - highly unlikely
B - The fuse has blown - usually something else fails
C - a damaged wire or connector

id personally start looking for popped fuses - one by one....

Ziggy

Back