General steering wheel

Currently reading:
General steering wheel

i aint a massive fan of the bravo steering wheel tbh.. are there any others that is like a straight swap, or any others that can go on with a little modifications, like an alfa wheel or something? or am i better off with a hlx leather one or summit. oh.. and what about airbags :confused:

HGT is 3 spoke leather, HLX is 3 spoke plastic but much better than SX spec. i fitted the HGT wheel, its very nice.

i still have the HLX wheel from my 1.8, mint condition with airbag, but not leather obviously. seen as its you, you can have it for the price of postage if you want.

there are 2 different airbag connectors depending on age and spec, but i dont know how to tell which you have without looking.

Last edited:
Well Kaylorz is a 1.2 therefore MK2 and your 1.8 Jug was a MK1 if i remember correctly therefore the connectors are different for the airbag, but the wheel will fit.

marea leather is 4 spoke, noty as good imo. HGT leather is hard to find, check ebay for people breaking them and if you're lucky you'll be first to ask for the steering wheel. it took me a while to find a good condition one, but it was worth it.

Last edited:
I find the punto steering wheel to be similar to a Bravo one, but im not sure if the airbag will work on the Bravo....

Fiat Bravo
8360_1_b.JPG

Fiat Punto Leather
1911_12.JPG

You can cut the wire's,and reconnect to what ever plug is on the back of what ever you choose,AS long as you disconnect the battery first;)

I know of this being done,a coupe S wheel into a punto GT and there's no problems with it. and it isent showing any error from a diag.

Go for the HGT S wheel kate the leather makes the difference,one like this

Not the best pics of the actual S wheel but you can see it.

Cheers Scotty.(y)

Attachments

• frontleather.jpg
    frontleather.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 26
  • mats1.jpg
    mats1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 31
hmmmm, still not great, but better than the SX one!

anyone got a HGT one they wanna donate to Bravobeastie? :D

i like leather :p

don't give her leather, she'll fall asleep on it :p

marea leather is 4 spoke, noty as good imo. HGT leather is hard to find, check ebay for people breaking them and if you're lucky you'll be first to ask for the steering wheel. it took me a while to find a good condition one, but it was worth it.

no it isnt....

but it does have stereo controls on it...

EDIT: bugger, it is 4 spoke aswell....

Last edited:
heya i got a fiat punto T reg and i wona know can you connect the steering wheel controls to my fusion head unit its the CA-CD500 head unit. thx

I find the punto steering wheel to be similar to a Bravo one, but im not sure if the airbag will work on the Bravo....
thats a MK2 punto wheel, you cant use them (i tried), but you can use a mk1 punto wheel, which on a GT looks a lot like the coupe steering wheel, and would have been my second choice after the bravo HGT wheel.

I know of this being done,a coupe S wheel into a punto GT and there's no problems with it.
other than changing the column to make it fit. i tried a coupe wheel on my bravo and it wouldnt fit, and since the punto GT uses the same boss kit as the bravo, and a different boss kit to the coupe, you definately cant fit a coupe wheel on a punto GT.

Last edited:
other than changing the column to make it fit. i tried a coupe wheel on my bravo and it wouldnt fit, and since the punto GT uses the same boss kit as the bravo, and a different boss kit to the coupe, you definately cant fit a coupe wheel on a punto GT.

I will get back to you,on the exact details,of said car and Swheel change,i am waiting on a reply.

It is a punto that was at the Scottish Italian car show at St,Andrews last year.the guy had cut the wire's and reconnected the plug needed to into the Air bag.

I will let you know how when i get a reply:)

Cheers Scotty(y)

Back