steering wheel re-trim?

Currently reading:
steering wheel re-trim?

:yeahthat:

Jai's Uno Turbo steering wheel looks the business recovered in leather. Top quality job on it too, and he got it done at a very reasonable price (read dirt cheap!) if I recall correctly.

Maybe he should start a little sideline getting peoples steering wheels recovered in India? :chin: :idea:

1986Uno45S said:
I know it was a sensitive issue so I won't go into the details, but out of curiosity did you get those Strada Abarth seats in the end Mase?

nope. i didnt mate..... so my "build an abarth the way it should of been done in the first place" project stumbled at the first hurdle :mad:

J333EVO said:
I think any quality automotive retirmmer that does classis cars can do it, look around as theres always little companies darted about.

yea man, ive found a place in southampton that said they could do it, just gotta show them the wheel to find out how much it would cost, then decide weather im goin to do that or just buy a new one.

mase said:
nope. i didnt mate..... so my "build an abarth the way it should of been done in the first place" project stumbled at the first hurdle :mad:

That was well out of order :mad: You have my sympathy Mase, along with probably just about everyone else on FF. I'd better leave the subject alone as it is so sensitive, but suffice to say I doubt if we'll be welcoming a certain person to FF/ Ace Cafe meets for doing that to you...

mase said:
yea man, ive found a place in southampton that said they could do it, just gotta show them the wheel to find out how much it would cost, then decide weather im goin to do that or just buy a new one.

I'm sure Jai got his done for something ridiculous like £10! If this place you found charges a lot, it might be an idea to get hold of Jai and see if he can give you the details of the place where he got his done. Only problem is as Luke mentioned, you'll have to send it to India!

Best of luck,

Chas

i am trying to set up my own business selling custom made steering wheel covers. i have ordered the hides (finest conolly leather), and the stitching. i have done a leather work course (few months ago). now i just need to sort out the website, and catalogue.

prices will be very good (£20 for a steering cover for a classic Mini, or a classic panda). FF discounts as well.

edit - forgot to say. to start with, i will only have black, grey, or dark blue.

Last edited:
1986Uno45S said:
That was well out of order :mad: You have my sympathy Mase, along with probably just about everyone else on FF. I'd better leave the subject alone as it is so sensitive, but suffice to say I doubt if we'll be welcoming a certain person to FF/ Ace Cafe meets for doing that to you...

:yeahthat: She had no right to do that :mad: Ah well, at least you still got the Carreras :D

1986Uno45S said:

I'm sure Jai got his done for something ridiculous like £10! If this place you found charges a lot, it might be an idea to get hold of Jai and see if he can give you the details of the place where he got his done. Only problem is as Luke mentioned, you'll have to send it to India!

Best of luck,

Chas

cheers fella (y)

wheneva i sell somethin on ebay and people try to get it before its ended i tell them to f*ck off..... but i guess not everyone plays by the rules, and the thing was, if the person had kept quiet about it then i wouldnt of been able to do jack, it was the boasting about still gettin them that really pissed me off, and refusal to back down even though they knew they were in the wrong.

anyways enough about that farce, im stayin on the look out, so u neva know.... :rolleyes:

im not goin to get the wheel re-trimmed unless it is less than £50, as ive seen a brand new one for that money that i fancy, so i might have to get in contact with him, sendin it away isnt a problem as it isnt on the car at the moment anyway (y)

mase said:

The seats do come up from time to time mate, look for Strada getting broke thos there was only ever 700 MK3's brought into the country, tho i think the MK2's have the same seats. So in the mean time its left to me to have the "proper" Abarth Recaros's it always should have had!

For that Abarth look you need one of these genuine Abarth steering wheels http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8013143647&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1 may list it again soon as the winning French punk kept telling me he had troubles with his wife or something :mad:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
J333EVO said:
The seats do come up from time to time mate, look for Strada getting broke thos there was only ever 700 MK3's brought into the country, tho i think the MK2's have the same seats. So in the mean time its left to me to have the "proper" Abarth Recaros's it always should have had!

For that Abarth look you need one of these genuine Abarth steering wheels http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8013143647&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1 may list it again soon as the winning French punk kept telling me he had troubles with his wife or something :mad:

haha, u can have your moment mate... im still on the look out :D

i actually have an cinq abarth steering wheel, but cant find the center push button thingy, and i kno the jamster is interested.

to be honest i thought about askin weather you had that one still.... seen an OMP one that i fancy now tho, so im undecided :confused:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
mase said:
i actually have an cinq abarth steering wheel, but cant find the center push button thingy, and i kno the jamster is interested.

You lost my abarth horn :eek:

Btw that wheel I had a reciept for somewhere was like 150quid plus :worship:

Back