Technical Steering wheel help

Currently reading:
Technical Steering wheel help

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had the steering wheel off their Cinq or Sei at the moment?? Or a spare column lying around??

I want to buy a boss for my 2008 Panda 100hp, but there isn't one listed. I reckon it could be the sake spline as the Cinq and Sei?? They were all built in the same Factory after all.

So, if you can help, please post the diameter of the spline, top and bottom and the number of splines, so I can match it up to the Panda, and verify whether they're the same or not??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'll just got the steering wheel off a cinq last night and if u said earlier i'll got the omp boss as well!

I'll measure the diameter of the hole and take a picture ,so u can see how fine the thread is compare to the panda.

Ming

Emma's old Cinq had a boss from a Alfa on it, can't remember which she bought it cheap off ebay, so I would hazard a guess that all Alfa/Lancia/Fiat are the same in terms of spline.

But where they will differ is in the size of the boss itseld, ie will it cover up the hole that is left by removing teh original wheel. On Sei's (Cinqs with rugy ball wheel) the boss from a Cinq will fit and work perfectly, but its a small boss and as such you get a big hole around it so you can see in side the column, whereas the Sei boss flairs out to cover this big gap.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

What I really do need is those measurements!! I'm trying to identify which boss I should buy. There must be another Fiat with the same spline pattern, and I'll bet it's a Cinquecento.

DSC_0301.jpg

I dont do splines:p

You got a cage in it?? piccys:)

i dont think my car needed that boss....but its on now

The Cage isn't here yet, it's currently on Order from Sparco. I was tempted to make my own, but chickened out in the end. I've done it before you see.....

There'll be what I think will be a huge thread going soon in the New Panda section.

The cage I've ordered is a full FIA Chrome Molley multipoint weld in jobbie. I'm sure it's the same as the Panda kit car cages.

Not so much a good choice, it's all that's available for the Panda!!

I would have preferred a six point bolt in for the weight saving, but I guessed that this wont be too much heavier, at around 35kg, and my god it'll be stiff:slayer::slayer:

Back