Steering Lock

Currently reading:
Steering Lock

ferry_man

I need to remove a "dumped" old cinquecento from my drive. I have no key but the car is unlocked. Does anyone know how to disable the steering lock --the car keeps going into the side of the drive!!!!???

Or (idea 2!!) does anyone know how to get a key cut it is M reg?

Can't you just break the lock using brute force? I thought thats how the crooks did it [?]

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, in silver, with options :D

Sit in the passenger seat and put the soles of your feet (wear trainers or boots and push hard, or alternatively get a mate to sit with you and you's both rock the sterring wheel to an fro and it should come off.

Liam

**** happens!

you could also break the barrel off using a a set of stealsons or a monkey rench, then you can just pull the pin out (steering lock) with your fingers. If the car isnt too old you could then drive it off your drive by the box at the back of the barrel (the black box). Just put a flathead screwdriver and turn it.

myFiat.jpg

Remove one of the locks from the car, The boot or passenger side will probably have been used the least ( and hence be the least worn). Take this lock to someone who cuts keys, and have one cut that fits this lock. should cost about a fiver.

This should cause the least damage.

Good luck

Remove one of the locks from the car, The boot or passenger side will probably have been used the least ( and hence be the least worn). Take this lock to someone who cuts keys, and have one cut that fits this lock. should cost about a fiver.

Good luck

Good luck

Back