Tuning steering control adaptor

Currently reading:
Tuning steering control adaptor

Hello People, using your well detailed guide, I've just installed a JVC KD-R601:). It all works fine but i seem to have lost connection to my steering wheel controls:mad:. My question is this: are there any steering control adaptors out there that will do the trick?:bang: Thanks for your anticipated input.(y)

Had the same problem with mine when fitting a Kenwood system. You need to find out firstly if there is any input into the JVC to allow for steering controls? If the unit doesn't support them you simply won't be able to use the steering controls. If it does, great - the manual will probably give you accessory numbers for control boxes and wiring harnesses, as currently the steering wheel and JVC unit won't understand each others signals...

Best bet is to check your manual, as I mentioned above, but also try the JVC website if the manual doesn't suggest anything.

Oh and if it is anything like the Kenwood, you'll be spending around £80 on the control box and loom before you've even fitted it!! :eek:

Back