Technical starting problems punto HGT

Currently reading:
Technical starting problems punto HGT

Goldywaggon

Banned
my 2000 plate HGT has had troubles starting latly

it cranks over just fine but it doesn't catch sometime son the first turn of the key and backfires, it usually starts fine after 1 or 2 turns of the key. i replaced the battery as my code light was coming on on my dash when i was driving, its fixed that now but i still have trouble starting first time , sometime it starts fine some time it doesn't

it recently had a timing belt, varaitor and waterpump change, the mechanic says the timing was bang on when he done the belt as they checked it twice and twice again to make sure, he thinks it will settle down but thats been over a week and still doing the same

anyone any ideas??

After having the belts and a few other bits done on the 20V I was having starting issues. Turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. Don't know if that would be applicable on your engine tho.

Also didn't realise you were a member on here aswell Colin. :)

After having the belts and a few other bits done on the 20V I was having starting issues. Turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. Don't know if that would be applicable on your engine tho.

Also didn't realise you were a member on here aswell Colin. :)

yup i am indeed

can u have a word wi one of the top mechanics at your work see wat he thinks

it starts fine sometimes but needs a couple of cranks sometimes to get it started,

Back