Technical Starting Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Starting Problem

Are mass air flow meters as troublesome on the Barchettas as they are on Alfas? Some of the symptoms sound similar.

Only the early models (before 97 i think) have external AFM.

Probably a silly suggestion but for ages I didn't wait for the fuel pump light to go off. Was never a problem til recently but the car is now reluctant to start until it goes off.

It's just something I never thought of until the car refused to start from time to time.

I haven't had that problem, although I've read of others who did so I always put my seat belt on before turning the key that last click.

Having said that, wouldn't a slow light going off be an indicator of a fuel pump problem (or filter, or partially blocked line), which of course could be down to poor current from the battery?

Probably a silly suggestion but for ages I didn't wait for the fuel pump light to go off. Was never a problem til recently but the car is now reluctant to start until it goes off.

It's just something I never thought of until the car refused to start from time to time.
Is there a fuel pump light that has to go off at starting?I know only the one for the low fuel in the tank.

There's a light with a pump nozzle symbol. It's on one the dash displays, can't remember which one off hand.

There's a light with a pump nozzle symbol. It's on one the dash displays, can't remember which one off hand.

A yellow one. It is an indicator for low fuel ,its supposed to come on when there is 5 lit of fuel left in the tank.

Its the injector light, it's red and far above the fuel light.

Ok we were talking for different lights.When i read for a light with a pump nozzle symbol my mind went for the low fuel .Sorry!

Quick check to try. When you turn the ignition on but don't start the car, the fuel pump should run for a couple of seconds then turn off. Listen to hear if this is happening.

Try turning the ignition on and off a couple of times first, waiting for the fuel pump to run and stop before starting up properly, see if this makes any difference. It can narrow down if it's a fuel delivery issue.

Back