General Starting problem 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
General Starting problem 1.2 8v

corky

Mk2 Punto Sporting 1.2
Right this is starting to proper :bang::bang::bang: its weird i dont know where to start but here goes:

When i go to start my car (everytime) it doesn't just do it straight away well on the very odd occasion it does..... it just tries to start.... goes BLURRR then starts its weird now i went to the garage and tested my battery he said it was pumping over 12v out and my alternator is new... i think personally it could be the bushes in the starter motor? I cant seem to find the starter motor though to have a look even though i got the haynes manual!!! also could it be HT leads? ive changed the plugs and ive cleaned the carb. The cars done 71123 miles i heard that 72k is the timing belt change time so that needs to be done soon too :) how much for the timing belt and tensioner?

Hey mate, I had a problem which sounds the same with my Punto, try checking the fly wheel for any missing teeth. Is it kind of a screeching sound when you turn the key? Mine did it a good few times a week theres days where it took like 5 attempts to tick over.

Ermmm no dont make a sound when i turn it over but when the cars started every now and again there would be a screeching noise every few seconds.... but sometimes when i come to start it and it dont do it ( a bad one ) it will reset the clock etc :bang::bang:

Back