Technical Starter Issues - Fiat 500 Sport

Currently reading:
Technical Starter Issues - Fiat 500 Sport

McTingaLing

Hi Everyone, I am sorry if this has already been posted. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end with my 2008 Fiat 500 sport.

For nearly the last 2 years I have had so many issues with the car starting intermittently. At first when i bought the car 4 years ago the car was in perfect order - started first time every time. All of a sudden about 2 years ago when trying to start the car it would just make like a click sound but would not start start. One day the car would start perfectly and the next not at all. Sometimes when left a while I would go back out and try and start the car, Sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldnt. I thought it could possibly be a starter issue, So i got the starter motor replaced along with a new earth cable about a year ago. This seemed to stop the problem up until last Thursday evening. I had the car out through the day at work, went out at lunch time and then in the evening tried to start the car to head home and it would not start. yet again just the clicking sound. I tried on numerous occasions and to no avail, I ended up getting the AA out, they tried to bump start the car and also with a set of jump leads. Still nothing, so they ended up taking it to the garage and it started first time everytime (typical) I brought the car home and next day would not start again! i have even replaced the T09 module in the fuse panel in the engine and nothing. It still makes the clicking sound but will not start.
Has anyone any ideas? I have even been told to try a set of jump leads on the negative with the positive on the engine and see if the car starts then!?! Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry for the long message :(

Clicking is
Low battery( possibly caused by parasitic drain-Bluetooth module lounge model ? or alternator issues or age ) or poor earthing or poor live feed cable less likely switching signal system
First try a jump cable from the battery negative to any really good metal part of the engine not the positive, having already determined that the battery is fully charged, possibly use a different battery that's known as good

Last edited:
Most likely the battery as John says
If you have blue & me is it working correctly? Could just be a naff battery also check the engine earth strap is in good order it’s under the battery tray and runs to the gearbox

. I have even been told to try a set of jump leads on the negative with the positive on the engine and see if the car starts then!?! Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry for the long message :(
Absolutely do NOT under ANY circumstance put a jump lead from the positive battery terminal to the engine or any other part of the car you risk Burning yourself staring a fire or exploding your battery

Hi Everyone, I am sorry if this has already been posted. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end with my 2008 Fiat 500 sport.

For nearly the last 2 years I have had so many issues with the car starting intermittently. At first when i bought the car 4 years ago the car was in perfect order - started first time every time. All of a sudden about 2 years ago when trying to start the car it would just make like a click sound but would not start start. One day the car would start perfectly and the next not at all. Sometimes when left a while I would go back out and try and start the car, Sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldnt. I thought it could possibly be a starter issue, So i got the starter motor replaced along with a new earth cable about a year ago. This seemed to stop the problem up until last Thursday evening. I had the car out through the day at work, went out at lunch time and then in the evening tried to start the car to head home and it would not start. yet again just the clicking sound. I tried on numerous occasions and to no avail, I ended up getting the AA out, they tried to bump start the car and also with a set of jump leads. Still nothing, so they ended up taking it to the garage and it started first time everytime (typical) I brought the car home and next day would not start again! i have even replaced the T09 module in the fuse panel in the engine and nothing. It still makes the clicking sound but will not start.
Has anyone any ideas? I have even been told to try a set of jump leads on the negative with the positive on the engine and see if the car starts then!?! Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry for the long message :(
Have you got to the bottom of this problem yet? I'm having similar issues with my daughters Fiat 500, and no one wants to touch it. I don't want to try the Fiat dealers as yet - can't afford them!!

Back