500 Start stop problem

Currently reading:
500 Start stop problem

maggiebong

hiya wondering if anyone can help I've got a message coming on my dashboard saying start stop disconnected check transmission see handbook I've had it in the garage and he couldn't find anything wrong with it and it stopped doing it until a week ago it started doing it again wen the message comes up on the dashboard it makes a beeping sound and the yellow triangle come on and stays on gas anyone got any ideas thanks

Don't no someone else said that as well but wouldn't me mechanic ave checked the battery just panicking incase it's the gear box or something major how would the battery affected it an thanks John for replying back to me

Would me car still run if it was the battery tho coz it's still running fine no problems or loosing power just the thing on the dashboard comes on while I'm driving

The car will run fine even with a poor battery it's only there to start the engine, the generator (alternator ) provides almost all the power, from reading here the stop start cars are very fickle where the state of the battery is anything other than 100% trips up the system.
It's worth however having an expert check re the gearbox message as it may be this that's turning off the stop start rather than poor battery ?

Thanks John for ur help wen I hear of me mechanic I'll let you no what the problem was with some luck it's nothing major

Stop start cars have a sensor on the shifter to tell the ECU when it's in neutral. It's a cheap and easy fix. Worth a look. Or is yours a Dual Logic.

My mechanic still can't find out what is wrong with my car anyone got any more ideas

checked the battery just panicking incase it's the gear box or something major how would the battery affected it an thanks John for replying back to me

the gearbox is changing gears;

by working the clutch hydraulically,
and changing gears hydraulically,

these are basically electric pumps, coupled with electronic sensors,

the pumps use a reasonable amount of power..and the sensors will report an issue when the voltage drops below the specified voltage.

what error codes are stored when the message comes on,
is it low voltage.., or something else..??

Charlie - Oxford

As far as I know there's no error code coming up wen it goes on the scanner and it's an automatic so doesn't have a clutch does it

As far as I know there's no error code coming up wen it goes on the scanner and it's an automatic so doesn't have a clutch does it

It's a robotised manual geabox.

It has a clutch, but no clutch pedal.

It's not a conventional automatic.

Sadly I suspect you may shortly be joining this thread; IMO required reading for anyone contemplating buying a used dualogic. You won't be the first, nor I suspect the last, to experience what is proving to be an all-too common problem.

The next step is to have it properly diagnosed by a mechanic who is familiar with this type of gearbox and has the diagnostic tools to find the fault.

Nobody can realistically work out what is wrong with it just by sitting at a keyboard.

Last edited:
Why don't Fiat just use the USA traditional auto box that is probably way more reliable here?

Economy / Emissions,:)

don't forget it's a small vehicle..so space/ packaging also comes into play, ;)

if there's not physically space for more than 3 driven gears the economy would be awful:bang:

AND in my experience the other "small vehicle" option of CVT wasn't any better for long-term reliability either.:shrug:

AND in my experience the other "small vehicle" option of CVT wasn't any better for long-term reliability either.:shrug:

And that's when it was being asked to deal with around 46HP (in the first DAF/VOLVO 66).

Not that efficient, either - perhaps 80% or so, compared to 98% with a conventional gearbox.

And that's when it was being asked to deal with around 46HP (in the first DAF/VOLVO 66).

Not that efficient, either - perhaps 80% or so, compared to 98% with a conventional gearbox.

I had it in a low miles Mk1 1108 Uno,
nice system / drive, :cool:

however by @38K miles it just didn't feel "right" - so got rid,

years later I read that @40k was life expectancy..,

the unit was a joint venture of FIAT / FORD,
the units were actually built in Normandy, France.

Charlie

It's a robotised manual geabox.

It has a clutch, but no clutch pedal.

It's not a conventional automatic.

Sadly I suspect you may shortly be joining this thread; IMO required reading for anyone contemplating buying a used dualogic. You won't be the first, nor I suspect the last, to experience what is proving to be an all-too common problem.

The next step is to have it properly diagnosed by a mechanic who is familiar with this type of gearbox and has the diagnostic tools to find the fault.

Nobody can realistically work out what is wrong with it just by sitting at a keyboard.
I knew I wouldn't find out what was deffo wrong with it by sitting next to me keyboard just wanted to know if it could be something major or more something stupid fingers crossed for something stupid but it's not looking that way is it thanks for your reply anyway I appreciate it

I knew I wouldn't find out what was deffo wrong with it by sitting next to me keyboard just wanted to know if it could be something major or more something stupid fingers crossed for something stupid but it's not looking that way is it thanks for your reply anyway I appreciate it

I wish we could be more helpful, Maggie - it must be a worry for you.

What we can do is keep all our fingers and toes crossed that it turns out to be something simple.

Do let us know what happens next - we can certainly check out anything you're being told so that you don't get given the run-around by an unscrupulous dealer.

Back