General Stanless steel exhaust system

Currently reading:
General Stanless steel exhaust system

gm6vxb

Just a quick wonder if anyone has fitted a full stainless steel exhaust system from either the turbo or CAT down to the tail pipe.
Have a pretty local guy ( Turriff) who does complete systems, hand built rather than pre made, or alternatively there is another place I found near Leeds which look pretty similar.

Our old exhaust has started to fail so will have to do something soon !.

The van is an X250 (2007) 2.3 Litre with Lunar H601 motorhome body so exhaust would need to be slightly longer to put gases out the side.

Martin, GM6VXB

Try this lot=

They did a full bespoke stainless one from the turbo back for my Burstner tag axle, while I waited (I even tried to sleep in it while they worked! At their Chester branch) IIRC about 430 quid all in about 5 years ago. Also has lifetime warranty too. They have other branches round the country. Mine has been beyond reproach since fitting.

Try this lot=

They did a full bespoke stainless one from the turbo back for my Burstner tag axle, while I waited (I even tried to sleep in it while they worked! At their Chester branch) IIRC about 430 quid all in about 5 years ago. Also has lifetime warranty too. They have other branches round the country. Mine has been beyond reproach since fitting.

Try this lot=

Thanks Ocwobio,
Ended up having a Powerflow system ( https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk ) fitted yesterday. New stainless bits are from the CAT to tail pipe. Seems well made (like yours a bespoke system) now with the tail pipe coming out the near side rather than off side but not far enough to get flattened if you go close to a kerb.
A slightly more 'throaty' sound, but the back box is about a third the size of the original one which probably explains why !..
Price was pretty similar to yours (£485) and fitted in just under four hours. Lifetime guarentee as well, with the only caviet being you have to go back to have the system checked yearly, but as the garage is only 20 miles away not too bad.
Was going to go for a long(ish) run today to see if it has improved fuel economy/ performance but blowing at 60+MPH and trees down and bridges closed on most roads close to home so will leave tests for another day.

Martin, GM6VXB

Back