Standard Blaupunkt Tape Player swap for Standard Blaupunkt CD Player Problem

Currently reading:
Standard Blaupunkt Tape Player swap for Standard Blaupunkt CD Player Problem

rclapton

I have purchased a second hand Blaupunkt CD Player (standard from a W reg Punto ELX JTD) to replace the Balupunkt tape head unit in my wifes Y reg 1.2 ELX. I installed it and found the connectors fitted fine. Entered the code and it was up and running. Sounded and looked great.

Problem is that the next morning the car was hard to start (drained battery) and the next morning the battery was dead.

Anyone know why this replacement Cd Player is draining the battery over night?
I really want to put it back in but fear the wiring might be slightly different to the tape player. Any help would be much appreciated!

make sure the hu is turned off when you turn the ignition off as that hu will turn on without the ignition, if it was turned on before the ignition it will stay on when the ignition is turned off, if hu is turned on after the ignition the hu will turn off when the ignition is turned off

Hi Guys...thanks for the replies. (y) I have put a multimeter on the battery and found there is a drain even when the new CD player is switched off...hence the battery going flat.

I think there is some subtle difference in the wiring for the 2001 ELX that I have and the 1999 ELX that the CD player came out of.

There is a diagram of the pins for the 3 plugs on the back of the Blaupunkt CD player but on the existing Blaupunky Tape player it looks like the sticker was removed so I have no idea what the pins are.

Does anyone have a pinout for the back of the Blaupunkt Tape Player from a 2001 Y reg 1.2 ELX? Please Please Please :)

Back