General stalled engine

Currently reading:
General stalled engine

baslaityer

guys,

something strange happened this morning. I had driven for about 15 minutes when i came to this rather steep but short ~30degrees incline (approx 5ft rise over 10ft distance). Just as it negotiated the climb the engine suddenly stalled. momentarily before it stalled i thought i heard some kind of a click from the rear of the car (engine shut-off valve?).

i wasn't driving very fast, but i had the climate control on at 21degreesC. the CD was also playing. not that i think any of these have any influence on the incident.

just wondering, any of you guys experienced anything similar?

regards

buzz

Hi,

Never had that before, but did it start again straight away. I presume the tank was full enough and it didn't just miss the intake from the tank.

Poggy

hi,

it re-started no probs. fuel tank was at about one third i'd say, thanks anyway for the tip on the fuel level...i did think about it and perhaps its possible.

guess i'll have to keep on monitoring the situation...cheers

buzz

I've managed to stall mine under 'normal' stalling conditions, but not had a problem like yours, and I've driven in on a number of 'unusual' roads now!

Yep, happened to me twice same condition and it also re-started with no problems. The funny part is after reading your post went to the same place to recreate the situation, however the engine this time keeps running.....

Hi,

Good idea about re-enacting. Tried it myself also. I think however, it is not easy as we cannot exactly re-create the situation.

Like you, in my case, it hasn't recurred, too. Let's just hope it was minor! BTW, I'm coming up to my 10000km mark and plan to take it in for an oil change. perhaps torino ("local" dealer here in malaysia) may have some idea?

meantime, happy motoring...

buzz

Back