General squeeky rear suspension..

Currently reading:
General squeeky rear suspension..

i had the same problem with my 1.2 8v, the garage told me that it was my rubber bushes on the shock absorbers. they had got wet and were drying out and had got grit in. i dont know if this happens to you but if i drive through water it stops. the garage also told me that it is something that will dissapear with the dryer roads and that replacing them was pointless as the same thing would happen within a month.
Matt

Mine sqweek a bit, and have always done so. And I have just had new shocks as I needed them for my MOT.

you could run it down the local garage and get it checked out if you wanted to, unless your confident this is the same problem you have. i find that mine is just annoying now as its a real dry squeak.
matt

Right - you are probably going to think I am nuts, but.......when i first got my punto the back end was squeaking and creaking all the time. It was really loud and people used to turn to look at the car as i drove past. I guessed at the shocks and took it to a garage. They checked it out and said the shocks were fine. They searched all over and couldn't find the problem.
Then my dad decided to sort it out!!Oh dear.

I drove over to his and he walked out of the house with a guitar amp and a microphone - yes, I was incredibly embarassed!!!!

Anyway, he got the back end of the car on ramps and then stuck the microphone under the car and made me bounce the back of it up and down until he located the sound.

Believe it or not he found the sounds after about 5 minutes. The handbrake cable went through a clip and as the car was moving the cable rubbed on the clip. basically, he stuck a cable tie on it to hold it still and the noise has never come back!!! :worship:That was 3 years ago. Is till find it bizarre that this could make so much noise!

I would have guessed your rear shock absorbers. Mine went after driving around my mum's street which has the biggest speed bumps in our town. Both had cracked so the suspension was a big squeaky. Got both of them repaired and not had a problem since (and I've even learned to take the speed bumps at a snail's pace!)

Back