General squeeky noise from engine

Currently reading:
General squeeky noise from engine

moshpit666

I have a squeeky noise coming from the engine around the cam cover, i have ran the engine with the clutch in and it still makes the sound, bin told that it could be the bearing on the cambelt??? can anyone help? thanks

I find it kinda funny,i find i kinda sad, the dreams in which im drivin my uno are the best i eva had!

If it's a squeeling, then it's probably the cambelt/cambelt tensioner, have it checked over very soon, although the fire engines are tough, bent valves due to a broken cam belt won't do it much good. It might even be a good idea not to run it at all untill you've had it looked at, mine was running fine but with a squeel which I took to be the fan belt then the tensioner popped off luckily it was sat on my drive idling at the time.

I think Neo is right. Get a timing belt tensioner at SKF or something. Very relieable. Change the timing belt at the same time, if it isn't changed for about 80.000 km. This is cheap from Fiat as well.

Morten.

abarth 14" wheels on good-year eagle ventura. abarth steering. inter-alloy 40 mm lowering. monroe sens-a-track shocks. phoenix gold audio. dalmatian refurnish.

projects: air intake. front seats. exhaust. rear tint.

Back