Styling Spraying dash (not the cover - the main part)

Currently reading:
Styling Spraying dash (not the cover - the main part)

Hi all,
Whats the best paint to finish my dash with when i spray it during the week? Ive already got the plastic primer, so i need the colour coat (black) and im guessing some laqure(sp)? Trouble is i dont want it to be too shiney (so i dont get any glare), but i want it to have a little gloss to it :confused:

And when i say dash - i mean the huge part, not the dash clock surround...

Thanks,
Luke

i just used gloss black from poundland on my dash and a grey primer abit scary at first but mask it up right and your sorted oh fyi the poundland paint can take a right beating so you dont need gay shiny laquer

Anyone used the foliatec interior spray? Not seen any results in the flesh but apparently colours the actual plastic ie. if you scratch it it'll be black underneath too. Don't take my word for it though i've not tested althougth would be interested if anyone's tried it. Its a bit pricey but if it does what it says then it may be worth it.

blu73 said:
Anyone used the foliatec interior spray? Not seen any results in the flesh but apparently colours the actual plastic ie. if you scratch it it'll be black underneath too. Don't take my word for it though i've not tested althougth would be interested if anyone's tried it. Its a bit pricey but if it does what it says then it may be worth it.

Thats the stuff ive bought in the end, preliminary results look promising :D

That stuff was a little too pricey for me. I decided to go for plastic primer and standard car paint and lacquer.

Job came up a treat!

wimmybravodash.jpg

That was my old motor. Currently doing the same on my new HGT

mase said:
thats wat ive used for my dial surrounds, interior door handles and the little plastic bits next to the clock.... works a treat (y)

Is it hardwearing enough on the door handles? I was thinking about doing them in yellow (assuming they do the yellow foliatec stuff :confused: ) but didnt want it to wear off. But will look naff with grey handles when everything else is either black or yellow throughout the whole car :cool:

Back