Styling spraying alloys

Currently reading:
Styling spraying alloys

Hi guys iv been looking at alloy wheels on the net which are black with a chrome lip, i really like the look of them but their way to expensive for me. The thing is i have some pretty decent 16" silver alloys from a stilio and they look alright, i was thinking of maybe spraying them black and leaving the rim silver like the pic below (they have been curbed a bit by previous alloy owner so a change is welcome). What you guys think? I would remove the fiat center caps to show my wheel nuts as they are chrome so the center would be silver also like the pic. Anyone know how i would go about spraying them (coats of paint/laquer wise?) how would i get them glossy?
Should i not bother as the silver is a good contast or change it to black as its not been done 2 my knowledge, also think it would look more mean and custom. Pics below to help you decide! photoshop any one?

sort of look im trying to get
corsebla.jpg

my car with stilio alloys

yea doovydoo iv seen ur punto, ill be gettin a profile up soon on puntomk2.co.uk my punto is really similar to urs (dont pay attention to that pic is really old) since then iv had added new exhaust, lowered it 40mm, tinted rear lights oh and i also installed sum remote central locking on it since its a MIA heard you were looking to do it 2. nightmare lol.

Can i get some more people ideas on wether the stilio alloys will look good sprayd black but the lip left silver? thanks

Last edited:
Can i get some more people ideas on wether the stilio alloys will look good sprayd black but the lip left silver? thanks

I think it depnds on the wheel. lookig at your stilo wheels I personally dont think the lip looks deperate enough to make it look right if you left the lip.

Lookd goon on rins where there is a definitive lip with no section of it attaching to the spoke. like hte picture you originally posted.

However, you may do as you wish with your car.

I have those Momo's on my mk1, for about 2 years now. Really hard to get hold of, they were on back order when I was trying to get them :(

This is what it looks like:

I wanted the momos cause they were different, everyone and his dog seems to have black wheels these days, but not many of them at all have these Momo's. italian wheels FTW :slayer:

Back