Technical sports cats

Currently reading:
Technical sports cats

beastyjay

Banned
while i was replying to another thread i came across http://www.sportcats.co.uk/ not sure if anyones looked on it before but i thought i`d put it up.

its a bit pricey for the sports cat but they aim to deliver asmuch extra power as a decat and obviously you wouldnt have the problem come mot time.

from the pictures it shows the sportscat fits straight on the same as the existing cat so its fairly easy to fit.

1108 (£279)
90106.jpg

900(£249)
90152.jpg

and for the sei

1108 (£219)
90780.jpg

899 (£269)
(no pic)

luke1985 said:
The downpipe in the 1108cc looks a bit of a bodge though :(

I do agree. It may be that the pipe is cheaply bent (not using a mandel bender - this reduces the 'kinks' in the metal and therefore makes gasflow better). But still £289 isnt that bad...Im sure a powerflow / whoever custom exhaust shop equivalent is about the same price incl Sports cat!

Ughhh those bends are a steaming pile of poo. If we had a pipe come off the mandrel like that at work it would be instantly scrapped. They're bloody awful.

Well once arc has his old engine sat on a stand i can think about manufacturing my own inlet and exhaust manifolds at work. I got a small start on the inlet, thanks to Tom. I'll prolly be asking people to measure up their own systems when i come to doing it.
As for the cat, i am wondering if its possible to run a Lotus brick (got a few spare at work). The turbo Esprits run a twin brick system. The smaller one works when the engine is cold and under low load, then a larger one becomes more active at higher temps, eg when the turbo is in use. I am guessing that the smaller one would be sufficient for a Cento. Sommer that i need to research properly though.

yellow cinq said:
just paid £75 for a new janspeed manifold/decat pipe.cheap if you ask me!!
:confused: what would u gain without a cat??? (power?)ive ran with and without (standard and janspeed) there is not much! :confused
Im going back to a cat (because my janspeed is FAR FAR to low and has been hitting the road and is now flattend/ come on janspeed, it needs a rethink) :(

a decat is less restrictive than a cat for instance my mates crx was put on rr and made a fairly standard 149bhp, a decat pipe was put on, the car was put back on the rollers and made 161bhp! :cool:

Back